Forum

LF someone good with MS Excel

Created 4th July 2014 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Hi gamers, seems like the place to go for people good at IT. :P

I am doing a little project where I work, on the side of my main job role I plan to improve certain ways things function in my (amateurish) organisation. I need someone good with MS Excel to help me design an spreadsheet fit for a particular purpose. I may be able to get the organisation to pay some kind of commission, but one thing to notice is my organisation IS NOT a commercial business, so this may not be possible.

Either way the project itself should not be too much effort for someone GOOD with Excel, a few days/week’s worth of effort for a couple hours a day max coordinating with myself, so long as you actually know what you’re doing and have the desired work ethic/communication skills.

If you’re interested, hit me up on Steam, http://steamcommunity.com/id/stoyanovich/ if my friends is full leave a message here I’ll add you.

Cheers.

Last edited by Hildreth,

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from Hildreth

if my friends is full leave a message here I’ll remove someone.

please dont delete me! :'(

Spike Himself

TC

No idea what you’re trying to do, but I think if you need something done in excel that takes more than 20 minutes to set up, maybe excel wasn’t the best choice of software to be using..

Kengur

Also is this a good place to ask for professional financial advice?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Spike Himself

No idea what you’re trying to do, but I think if you need something done in excel that takes more than 20 minutes to set up, maybe excel wasn’t the best choice of software to be using..

why not

doks

Can you give a rough description on what it is you want to create ?

CHERRY

Maybe it’s a small credit union, which can’t/don’t want to afford professional CRM :)

Last edited by CHERRY,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

why not

Because chances are you can probably do it in a lot less time using something that was made for it.

Of course you can do many things in Excel. You can also push a car from Paris to Berlin. Doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go about it.

ondkaja

IKEA

[…]

Because chances are you can probably do it in a lot less time using something that was made for it.

Of course you can do many things in Excel. You can also push a car from Paris to Berlin. Doesn’t mean it’s the best way to go about it.

excel is fast and easy to use for most purposes, like aggregating stats or making calculations. dunno what other purposes you would use excel that is faster with other programs.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from doks

Can you give a rough description on what it is you want to create ?

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

excel is fast and easy to use for most purposes, like aggregating stats or making calculations. dunno what other purposes you would use excel that is faster with other programs.

I’ve seen an Irish water company using excel instead of an actual database to store billing details, customer records, usage data, etc.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Maybe, maybe not but when you don’t have the funding or resources to reach out and get the appropriate skills and software, you’re limited in choice. Best thing is to try something and if it fails, improve upon it.

Spike Himself

TC

Fair enough. Although “using something else” does not necessarily imply added resources and costs.. Maybe if you would give out some more details though people can come up with other suggestions.

Kengur

Fair enough. Although “using something else” does not necessarily imply added resources and costs.. Maybe if you would give out some more details though people can come up with other suggestions.

you think free software (eg linux) == no cost? you will have to support the damn thing on your own time.

Last edited by Kengur,

Spike Himself

TC

Eh? That’s not at all what I said..

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »