Forum

Free To Play (Documentary)

Created 20th March 2014 @ 10:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Setlet

Quoted from Marik

Dota was designed to be competitive ? xD biggest pile of bullshit I’ve ever heard. People found ways to compete in this game but when icefrog and the rest of the crew made it it was designed to be a causal mod, not AT ALL a competitive game.

I’m pretty sure Icefrog designed it to be a competitive game after he got the modding rights from Guinsoo. CBA to find sources so believe what you want.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Yeah, it was Documentary 101 – wheel out the dead dads. Good enough though.

Having now played thousands of hours of Dota I can say 6v6 tf2 is a better game, but even Valve don’t understand that.

Idiot.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Cheers, you’re the highest level cheat I’ve been trolled by.

Sapphira

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Yeah, it was Documentary 101 – wheel out the dead dads. Good enough though.

Having now played thousands of hours of Dota I can say 6v6 tf2 is a better game, but even Valve don’t understand that.

Have no idea if either of your parents are dead, but its not fun.

To the second, its personal preference

Last edited by Sapphira,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

This thread is so fucking good.

ondkaja

IKEA

ITT: tf2 nerds jealous of dota’s success and developer support

dodgydogman

Panda

Dendi: Loses himself into videos games to distract from his dead father.

HYHY: Juggles school and gaming trying and get the courage to talk to his ex he still loves.

Fear: Stays up too late, keeping his dog up so his mum kicked him out so now he has to use a small desk.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from ondkaja

ITT: tf2 nerds jealous of dota’s success and developer support

I really like Dota, but it isn’t an elegant game by any means. There’s too much breadth. Getting good is 90% research and testing.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Marik

Dota was designed to be competitive ? xD biggest pile of bullshit I’ve ever heard. People found ways to compete in this game but when icefrog and the rest of the crew made it it was designed to be a causal mod, not AT ALL a competitive game.

I think if Dota 2 wasnt designed to be competitive Valve wouldn’t have put 1,000,000s of dollars into it…maybe the original Dota wasn’t designed at first to be competitive, but it’s a format that clearly works in a competitive environment

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from fraac

[…]

I really like Dota, but it isn’t an elegant game by any means. There’s too much breadth. Getting good is 90% research and testing.

Depends what you mean by good. Im only 4ksolo MMR/350wins but I’ve literally never bought an item out side of what an in game guide suggests, or looked online to explain what heroes to pick.

This is my first moba so I don’t know if its much harder than something like league but if anyone is hesitent to play DotA, don’t be, I’m retarded and I do fine.

It’s a blatant commercial, but at least they made it well enough.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3