Forum

Free To Play (Documentary)

Created 20th March 2014 @ 10:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Mmm, the butthurt people complaining because Dota is alive and well compared to poor dead TF2

Python

hyhy and Fear’s story ;-;. Also Dendi’s dream coil against EHOME osnap

Selek

Dr. med.

I don’t know why some people in this thread think it was a promotional video above all else. I though Valve did a great job stressing on the players of the game and their problems with being progamers. If anything, they promoted that eSports is as much a sport as other disciplines and should be regarded as such.

It was not the best documentary of all time, but very well done and I would recommend it to gamers and non-gamers alike.

As a sidenote, Dendi is such a lovable guy :)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

very good

hyhy > huhy

Last edited by Permzilla,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from kKaltUu

I’m going to sound salty, but the movie is nothing more than just a promotional video for DoTA.
The message they’re trying to convey is that gaming is an up and coming career option for people and Valve is supporting it with all their might.

Well… you can see how much Valve supports our TF2 communities.

TF2 is a shit game that isn’t competitively viable in it’s current form and it’s way too late to try to make it work.

Dikker

4-25

Quoted from Python

hyhy and Fear’s story ;-;. Also Dendi’s dream coil against EHOME osnap

fear’s story is not that “bad” as Dendi’s , imho

Last edited by Dikker,

taro

What Selek said.

Also makes you realise what a great job lucky luke and extv did on the i46 documentary. I mean it took a huge team at valve 3 years to make a 75 minute documentary and a small group of volunteers made a 40 minute documentary in a year. Sure you can tell the difference in the quality and such but the stories they both told were pretty similar, following certain players/teams at an event while explaining the basics of the game. Shoutout to Luke and extv for their hard work, gonna go watch America VS Europe again now :D

frixx

LG

Quoted from beach

Mmm, the butthurt people complaining because Dota is alive and well compared to poor dead TF2

Noone is complaining that dota is a live and tf2 isn’t (which isnt even true). Its just this simply was not a great documentary but more or less an attempt to invite more people into playing dota (competitive/non-competitive) and they try to hide it with pathetic sad stories from dota comp. community. So please even tho you are a dota fan, stop being a wiseass and try to be impartial with this.

Last edited by frixx,

Switch

soL.
T⑨

if only valve supported competitive TF2, some of us might be winning 1 million USD on the big stage…

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

TF2 was designed to be fun game and look at player base in competetive games like DOTA or CS were designed to be competetive. TF2 wasn’t so it would be hard to adapt this game to competetive style, where all players involved compete with each other.

Xearo

GTD

Quoted from Python

Fear’s story ;-;.

he had such a bad desk!

Marik

Dota was designed to be competitive ? xD biggest pile of bullshit I’ve ever heard. People found ways to compete in this game but when icefrog and the rest of the crew made it it was designed to be a causal mod, not AT ALL a competitive game.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from kronis

THE FEELS, MAN. But in general, it was good.

Yeah, it was Documentary 101 – wheel out the dead dads. Good enough though.

Having now played thousands of hours of Dota I can say 6v6 tf2 is a better game, but even Valve don’t understand that.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

I mean DOTA 2 with all comp features. Also how % of TF2 players are playing in some kind of competetive enviroment? 10% and look at numbers how dota is popular comparing to TF2, features in DOTA 2 were more competetive friendly than TF2 ones.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

Marik

Ah sorry then, I thought you were talking about dota in general in terms of gameplay, not features ^^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »