Forum

So Loadout is now F2P...

Created 3rd February 2014 @ 15:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

jakeowaty

Whaddya think about it?

I installed it out of pure curiosity, and since it came out, I clocked 12 hours, where 7 is actual gameplay. I love the possibility to make your own weapons and deal with others, also certain upgrades have certain disadvantages to balance it out a little bit.

It allows you basically to tailor the game however you like.

The F2P model is quite simple – you pay for looks, not EXP. You cannot buy EXP from the shop, however you can buy boosts that can help you level up quicker if you don’t want to farm it.

Now, you may ask: doesn’t that give the upper hand to people who farmed EXP and have access to many more weapon mods than you? The answer is: no. I actually is quite balanced in that regard. Of course, you’ll meet maniacs with OP Sniper Rifles, killing you from across the map, but you have to find a way to deal with it – one of simple things is just dodge like a crazy person.

Straight up, after launching, I got myself a cheap version of the minigun, with slowed spinup time, but ridiculously high rate of fire and huge mag, and close quarters it mows down enemies. It’s a little bit difficult mid-long range, but you can work around it. Worked my way up to gatling mod, and it works perfectly.

My second weapon is a simple Rocket Launcher, no ridiculous mods or anything, just straight up Bio-scanner so I know people’s health and pyro bullets. They deal less damage on impact, but deal more overall due to the afterburn. This thing is insane, if I’d bought any other mods like a different stock, laser guidance, it would make it a lot weaker. It deals insane amount of damage and is more or less like a RL in TF2, based purely on skill it rewards you with damage output rather than helping yourself with other stuff.

Also, you can have healing guns. Rocket launchers, beams, whatever you put your points in. If you plan on playing with friends, go for it, it helps the team a lot and can have an impact on your team’s win or loss.

It might be quite unbalanced at times, when dealing with people that played it since 2012, so it can be frustrating. But I had a great time with it so far, the gore’y, cartoony death and nudity, profanity make this game, while allowing you to tailor it for your taste and skill. Definetly helps improving tracking, since people are jumping around like rabbits.

I’d say it’s a cranked up TF2 on steroids. Now, would I say that it’s better than TF2? No. It’s definetly not better. But is a fresh, new blood into arena team-based shooters with a lot of humor, sense of progression and general skill involved in it. And since it’s F2P, it’s definetly worth a try.

I already bought the starter pack and running around dressed as Will Smith on the battlefield.

Last edited by jakeowaty,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

It was always free to play, but you can buy things in it like every other f2p game.

Pretty fun game.

jakeowaty

Maybe let me rephrase that: had early access and now is released as a F2P game.

jx53

Add me if you play loadout

Last edited by jx53,

damneasy

got it when it came out, make 2 rockets launchers, so much fun

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

currently it’s nothing more than matchmaking simulator.

if you actually get into a game it can be quite fun.

nevier

i like playing it. its fun and there is a pressure in my head to get better.
the only thing i dislike is, that loadout is not a skill game. for me its important to start a game, first be shit at it but still like or even love it and try to get better at it. thats what i had with tf2 and thats what im missing at loadout.

Mankey

Quoted from nevier

i like playing it. its fun and there is a pressure in my head to get better.
the only thing i dislike is, that loadout is not a skill game. for me its important to start a game, first be shit at it but still like or even love it and try to get better at it. thats what i had with tf2 and thats what im missing at loadout.

People are actually starting to talk about competative format of this game, so I would say it requires a certain skill, however that skill is very different than in TF2. I was really surprised to see one of the first Loadout´s fragmovies :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_zAzvW2J3Lg

Blooddrunk

Nein

Quoted from dave

currently it’s nothing more than matchmaking simulator.

if you actually get into a game it can be quite fun.

This.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

its a good game

lets hope it lasts longer than smnc

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Its fun

jakeowaty

Quoted from Mankey

[…]
People are actually starting to talk about competative format of this game, so I would say it requires a certain skill, however that skill is very different than in TF2.

It is all about what loadouts you get, how you feel with them and how effectively you utilize them. Simple as that – you feel good with as Sniper Rifle, you can just do that, even when running at full speed. I went into projectiles, since I was good with those ever since PS1 (yep. Landing as Spyro on hard to reach platforms using only gliding? I WILL count that as a projectile, alright?!) and I’m having fun with those, extremely satysfying when you land a long range direct mid-air hit with it.

I’d really like to see competetive and how people would divide themselves. I really see it as more of a RPG-ish kind of style, since it’s only 4v4 – you’d have a Medic, a guy to protect him (Medic can also rain hell down on people, don’t get me wrong) and a DPS or two.

scatmo

27/2

tesla is op in that game

walters

Great game!

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from scatmo

tesla is op in that game

Not really, there just isn’t a giant negative to using it so you’ll see tons of players with it because A) It looks cool, B) The tradeoff is negligible and C) It is useful against shields which most people run. If you’re sticking to your shield you’ll find it dwindling pretty fast if you are getting hit by tesla. Which stops the shield being op.

Healing or fire rockets/grenade spam seems to be pretty strong, at least in Blitz mode. I think though just by playing it more you’ll figure out what counters each thing a bit better and when more people start using healing rockets/beams etc you’ll find out weapons like tesla beams just don’t cut it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »