Forum

Gaming Laptop

Created 5th December 2013 @ 12:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

How many cash money dollars would I have to spend to get a laptop that could handle TF2 at a constant >120fps?

Laptops are easier to carry around for work and other hobbies, and I’m used to playing at 60 or so fps on midfights so as long as it’s better than that, it should be fine. Are there other things to consider when moving from desktop to laptop that might have eluded my tiny brain? Or are laptops a viable option for the price?

jx53

Quoted from Sideshow

Are there other things to consider when moving from desktop to laptop that might have eluded my tiny brain? Or are laptops a viable option for the price?

I could imagine keyboard being a problem. I had trouble playing with laptops keyboard, i’d recommend you to test one before buying.

AnimaL

And display? You sure you are ok with playing on laptops screen?

The price shouldnt be a problem since 120fps with dx8 highframes can be achieved by any 3rd gen i5 with 630m/720m and up

edit: just make sure they are not the ultra low voltage models (letter U in model name)

Last edited by AnimaL,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Could I plug in my external 120hz monitor and use an external keyboard and mouse? I’d only be gaming at home so that should be fine right?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Sideshow

Could I plug in my external 120hz monitor and use an external keyboard and mouse? I’d only be gaming at home so that should be fine right?

of course but the laptop needs a DVI-D Dual Link output then. You can play in 120Hz with HDMI output but then you need to lower your resolution.

fisheye

i play on samsung RF511 for about a year and a half now. the keyboard is not a problem at all. the same with screen, although the contrast is bad, black color looks awful here but who cares about such things in competetive play. the problem is with peformance though. not because the laptop specifics are bad (they are indeed not capable of running on full details one of new games, of course) but because the irrational tf2 requirements compared to other source games. year before i could play on chris highframes config, with stable 120-200 fps. nowadays it’s hard to achieve 60 on mids sometimes, not to mention random drops for several seconds to 20-30…

Add A Reply Pages: 1