Forum

Is the 2DS worth it?

Created 14th November 2013 @ 09:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

baimezan

[N☼J]

name. as far as I read it’s compitable with 3DS and DS games. I plan on getting pokemon X and mario party, maybe some other games. is it worth it, or should I save up for a 3DS/wii U/Vita.

accless

cp_

It depends on where you live. As far as I can tell, the price isn’t really worth it. It originally shipped for 129$ and for Europe they kept the number and put a € sign behind it (a British one still costs 99 pounds; roughly 116€).
In short, you can pay an extra 20-30€ and get a 3DS with all the 3D gimmickery and the rather nifty hinges

Linus

[d¿s]

if you can live without the 3d effect and not mind that you cant put it in your pocket, the 2ds is fine.

Wii U and Vita barely have any good games.

baimezan

[N☼J]

Quoted from accless

It depends on where you live. As far as I can tell, the price isn’t really worth it. It originally shipped for 129$ and for Europe they kept the number and put a € sign behind it (a British one still costs 99 pounds; roughly 116€).
In short, you can pay an extra 20-30€ and get a 3DS with all the 3D gimmickery and the rather nifty hinges

ye, it’s like 130 euros here. problem is the 3DS is actually around 225 euros, which is not a small price leap in my opinion at least. I also want to get the 2DS since the original Mario Party is only avaliable for the DS, and I do not know if you can play old DS games on the 3DS. plus I also sort of want it to be a thing which I can carry anywhere, but if I can’t its pretty alright tbh.

Quoted from Linus

if you can live without the 3d effect and not mind that you cant put it in your pocket, the 2ds is fine.

Wii U and Vita barely have any good games.

I don’t think I need any amazing 3d crap, it would be nice if it has it though. Is the 2DS bigger than the 3DS? to me it makes sense if it was smaller lol. so yeah, I am not sure which one to get, as I said, issue is some of the games I like are only avaliable for DS, which is what the 2DS can run, and I am not sure if the 3DS can run games for the DS. if anyone knows, tell please.

Linus

[d¿s]

the 2ds is pretty small. Not sure if its smaller than the 3ds. THe 3ds can run DS games too, yes.

accless

cp_

The 2DS doesn’t have hinges so it’s about twice as big as a (folded) 3DS. You might want to look into foreign Amazons (that sounds weird). I’m pretty sure the handheld consoles aren’t regionally bound so you can get a console much cheaper from, say, the british amazon

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Nintendo handhelds should just be renamed to “pokemon machines”

scatmo

27/2

Don’t buy Nintendo 2DS, it’s useless. Save for a 3DS XL, it is better.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

3dsxl all day everyday. Fuck any of the others.

baimezan

[N☼J]

Amazing. Turns out there is an exclusive nintento 3DS which is black with Legend of Zelda marks+ Ocarina of time and it’s actually cheaper than just a 3DS. It is true it does not include an SD card and I am not sure of its XL, but it still looks pretty good also having in mind that Ocarina of Time is more expensive than 4 GB SD card in my country. Obvious question is – is it worth it?

Swedish Santa

My wife has a 2DS as she can’t handle the 3D effect on most games. I, however use my 3DS without any issues. The 2DS seems to be a lot harder to break as if you by accident sit on (an opened) 3DS, you will break the hinges.

So to answer your question “is the 2DS worth it?”
– Yes, if you can’t handle the 3D effect
– Yes, if you are clumsy
– Yes, if you just don’t give a damn about the 3d effect.

– No, if you really like to have 3D effect
– No, if you have arms that get easily tired of holding a small device up in the air for several minutes (the 3ds has hinges in which you can adjust the angle of the screen, in that way you can put it on your lap when you get tired)

Last edited by Swedish Santa,

Add A Reply Pages: 1