Forum

Breaking Bad - Greatest TV Drama of all time?

Created 17th September 2013 @ 14:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

EmilioEstevez

GG

The Wire
Oz
The Sopranos

All better imo. Breaking Bad got pretty excellent this last season but in the previous seasons all the characters apart from Walt aren’t great (Skylar is just this nagging unsympathetic witch for 4 seasons which isn’t really fair considering the situation), I’m also struggling to think of an instance where anybody has a storyline/plot that wasn’t directly involved with advancing Walts story.

Game of Thrones is getting worse each new episode (and it was never as good as the books to begin with). Really enjoying Boardwalk though.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Trane

Sons of Anarchy is great fun.

You’re great fun!

Trane

Quoted from Coleman

[…]

You’re great fun!

Oh you x

Jörge

TSUN~
derptex9

Yet to start the most recent series since I tend to go through them quite quickly.

I’d agree it’s very good, although saying it’s the greatest TV drama of all time? I’m not so sure.
I really struggled to connect to most of the characters, from what I remember, when I left it the only character I liked and cared about was Jessie.

Others I’d highly recommend:
Deadwood
Justified
Dexter
Game of Thrones
Rome
Spartacus

Not saying they’re better/worse, but since this thread is becoming a general TV thread thought I’d mention some good ones :D

Trane

I’m surprised at the lack of mentions for Justified actually, it’s bloody brilliant.

Inuy

#sadboys

Breaking bad last season is game-changing, scenography and photography were amazing, hopefully it doesn’t fuck up at the last episode.

No one mentioned Vikings so far, i loved it…

…and Dexter last season is aids, such a shame..

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

1. Twin Peaks
2. The Wire
3. The Sopranos
4. Sherlock
5. Game of Thrones (season 1)

Please people watch these shows before calling breaking bad the greatest

I have the strongest feeling you haven’t even watched BB past season 2.

P.S. Twin Peaks is incredible but I stopped watching it two episodes after the killer was revealed. That was the moment when I realized the show was going “mysterious only” mode.
I should watch it till the end someday however.

Last edited by Clark,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Vikings was really good, but just a bit to short for me. I was getting really in to it and then season over (strange for a US show). Yes Trane, Justified is class! Walton Goggins is that show!

Trane

Quoted from Coleman

Vikings was really good, but just a bit to short for me. I was getting really in to it and then season over (strange for a US show). Yes Trane, Justified is class! Walton Goggins is that show!

Walton Goggins, Timmy Elephant, Nick Searcy – they’re all fantastic. Vikings was good too, a solid 8/10 for me. Looking forward to S2.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Clark

Haven’t watched Mad Men, but season 1 is lying somewhere on my computer waiting for me to start.

Mad Men is great but it is a slow burner. Give it some time and some attention and you can’t help but love it. THEY SMOKE IN HOSPITALS FOR GOD’S SAKE!

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Coleman

Dexter

If it wasn’t for the first four seasons, I’m not sure anyone would remember this show really, because the last season is a mess and it literally kills me inside a bit with every episode I watch.

Clark

SDCK!

Oh, by the way, just started watching some new australian series called Top of the Lake.
It seems like a simple detective drama at first, but then it evolves in different ways quite unexpectedly.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Clark

[…]

I have the strongest feeling you haven’t even watched BB past season 2.

P.S. Twin Peaks is incredible but I stopped watching it two episodes after the killer was revealed. That was the moment when I realized the show was going “mysterious only” mode.
I should watch it till the end someday however.

Seen every episode so far and think the only worthwhile seasons are the first 2. And yeah twin peaks kinda slows down after the killer’s revealed because the tv studio forced them too but its still worth watching till the end

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Also dexter became unwatchable to me after season 4 I have no idea what the writers were thinking after that (dexter falling in love LOL??)

EmilioEstevez

GG

Band of Brothers is great too. Almost forgot about that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »