Forum

Left handed guys around here?

Created 18th July 2013 @ 21:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

teej!

Left handed, 2k hours using right hand for mouse

I also play guitar and bass right handed, too.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

even tho i’m a lefty, i’ve played fps games with my right hand @ the mouse for 7 years

zoob

Righty here, always used left hand for mouse. Do I count?

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from zoob

Righty here, always used left hand for mouse. Do I count?

thats just weird man

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

All lefties are evil, clumsy and downright weird.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people

Historically, the left side, and subsequently left-handedness, was considered negative. The word “left” itself derives from the Anglo-Saxon word lyft, “weak”.[5] In Ancient Greek both words meaning “left” were euphemisms: the word ἀριστερός, aristerós (the standard word in Modern Greek as well) is derived from ἂριστος, áristos, “best”, and the word εὺώνυμος, euōnymos, “of good name”, is another euphemism used in lieu of “ill-named”. The Latin adjective sinister/sinistra/sinistrum originally meant “left” but took on meanings of “evil” or “unlucky” by the Classical Latin era, and this double meaning survives in European derivatives of Latin, and in the English word “sinister”. Alternatively, sinister comes from the Latin word sinus meaning “pocket”: a traditional Roman toga had only one pocket, located on the left side. The right hand has historically been associated with skill: the Latin word for right-handed is dexter, as in “dexterity”, meaning manual skill. Even the word “ambidexterity” reflects the bias. Its intended meaning is “skillful on both sides”. However, since it keeps the Latin root dexter, which means “right”, it ends up conveying the idea of being “right-handed at both sides”. This bias is also apparent in the lesser-known antonym “ambisinistrous”, which means “clumsy on both sides”.[6] In more technical contexts, “sinistral” may be used in place of “left-handed” and “sinistrality” in place of “left-handedness”.[7] In both Ancient Greek and Roman religion, auspices (usually the flight paths of birds, as observed by a bird-diviner, or augur) were thought to be unfavorable if appearing on the diviner’s left-hand side and favorable if on the right: an ancient custom mentioned in Homer’s Iliad and of apparently Middle Eastern origin (as attested in the Amarna correspondence, in which a king of Alashiya, i.e. Cyprus, requests an eagle-diviner from the Pharaoh of Egypt).

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Monkeh

All lefties are evil, clumsy and downright weird.

I absolutely agree, out of experience.

Wux

-9m-
-9m-

Handists.

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

T-Mac is left handed as well if i remember right

vani

Bully

ask lalli