Forum

EPSILON VS NIP DREAMHACK SUMMER FINAL 2013

Created 17th June 2013 @ 17:24

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Trath

Maybe I should just ask straight questions since all you are able to see is my 1.6 fanboyism:

How did the switch to CS:GO happen? how and why did it get endorsed by the competitive scene of 1.6?

I haven’t followed the scene and I just don’t understand how this could have happened.

avenue

tbh cs:go is total shit in comparism to 1.6 :/

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Shrinking playerbase, shrinking viewernumbers, most major tournaments didn’t support it anymore.
Also they wanted to unite the 1.6 and cs:s communities, made it more casual with funky graphics so more kids start playing it.
Basicly they made a faggy cod version of counterstrike and the only reason so many pros switched to it is because of money.

1.6 is the superior game, deal with it

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

afaik some 1.6 players (and source) were consulted in the later development stages about the game and modifications etc.

Taking feedback and making people feel like they have input is a huge way to get people on side if you do it right. Soon as a few pros start backing there then it spreads. Since release though, it’s where the money is and that will always be the biggest swing factor.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
hilarious

He’s correct though.

CS:GO feels like cancer+aids compared to 1.6.

Trath

Quoted from sidestep

Shrinking playerbase, shrinking viewernumbers, most major tournaments didn’t support it anymore.
Also they wanted to unite the 1.6 and cs:s communities, made it more casual with funky graphics so more kids start playing it.
Basicly they made a faggy cod version of counterstrike and the only reason so many pros switched to it is because of money.

1.6 is the superior game, deal with it

Ahhh of course it would all come down to money. Would have thought the pro’s have more heart, but money is money.

I don’t understand how it fixed 1.6/cs dying though? Was making a “new” game with “new” graphics really all it took to regain players/viewers and get sponsors?

It just doesn’t make sense that you move all the pro’s from 1.6 to the “new” game fixes things, even if it unites 1.6 and cs:s and even if they “took pro players feedback”.

Quoted from Nymthae

afaik some 1.6 players (and source) were consulted in the later development stages about the game and modifications etc.

Taking feedback and making people feel like they have input is a huge way to get people on side if you do it right. Soon as a few pros start backing there then it spreads. Since release though, it’s where the money is and that will always be the biggest swing factor.

Perhaps you can answer my questions above?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Of course it comes down to money. Do you really think the “pros” would spend 20 hours a week playing a 10 year old game if they couldn’t win money anymore? I really doubt they play 1.6 that much a week for “fun”.

CS:GO is being developed all the time and to make it better, its newer looks good and is more comercially viable. This game was supposed to “unite” 1.6 and cs:s players to form a bigger game as theoretically 2 counter strike communitys merging together = more players and more sponsors.

But yeah i’m sure there will be people who like playing 1.6 still and css still. But those games are now dead competativly in terms of sponsors/money.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

FreezeR

CGAY&BB

people calling this game shit before they tried it…funny :D epsilon played so good until the final, unlucky (nip is still a number too big :P)

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Do you really think the “pros” would spend 20 hours a week playing a 10 year old game if they couldn’t win money anymore?

I dont think 20 hours are enough :D

and btw valve is working on updates to make the game better, even if they are slow as fuck.

the cs:go team won 10100 dollar this weekend, what about you TF2?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Quoted from FreezeR

:'(

Last edited by numlocked,

MoZz

I’m currently playing GO a lot and there still is “shit” in this game.

But it’s getting less and less with every update, so there’s hope.

For the gameplay-part: Spray in GO is a lot more random than it is in 1.6, but smokes and bangs are much stronger, so the gameplay changed from soloactions to more teamfocused plays.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from FreezeR

yeah it’s great that every time that other games are mentioned on this site it gets down to these kind of arguments by both sides

FreezeR

CGAY&BB

Quoted from numlocked

[…]

:'(

Sorry bro

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from FreezeR

[…]

Sorry bro

Bringing up the point of money when comparing games is the most retarded way to wreck an argument in the history of this contemporarily so called ‘industry’. CS:GO is shit and even though I can’t say it’s a fact, it seems obvious to most of old school players, and just because some spoiled brats pumped the money into sponsorship, hoping for a net gain.

FreezeR

CGAY&BB

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Bringing up the point of money when comparing games is the most retarded way to wreck an argument in the history of this contemporarily so called ‘industry’. CS:GO is shit and even though I can’t say it’s a fact, it seems obvious to most of old school players, and just because some spoiled brats pumped the money into sponsorship, hoping for a net gain.

you have played cs go 22 hours so far and you are telling me cs go is shit? (and i bet you only played public)
updates makes it better, cs 1.6 was the best, but go is going to the same level as 1.6 (valve time).

tf2 community saying csgo is shit, but still play a dead game. why :))))))))))))))))))

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from FreezeR

[…]

you have played cs go 22 hours so far and you are telling me cs go is shit? (and i bet you only played public)
updates makes it better, cs 1.6 was the best, but go is going to the same level as 1.6 (valve time).

tf2 community saying csgo is shit, but still play a dead game. why :))))))))))))))))))

What is the point of doing this anyway? In your opinion, csgo is clearly the holy grail of competitive fps gaming, so why give such a shit view of it? Coming to a TF2 league’s forums to advertise another, completely different game and bashing every post with remarks like “csgo has more money” “tf2 is dead” certainly doesn’t help to make you and csgo or epsilon a good name in tf2 outside of the already existing and loved tf2 team.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »