Forum

Anyone work out/body build/go to the gym?

Created 3rd June 2013 @ 02:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Einherjer

I am physiotherapist and professional sportsman and treat the national team from china and germany as physiotherapist. So add me for more information about training and eat and supplements. You can ask admirable and cruzer how good my workouts are:-)

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Well figured I can throw you some questions!

Top 3 Triceps exercises for mass. Superset triceps, yes or no?
Growing some decent calfs, how?
PWOs, worth spending money on?
How do I increase my strength in my shoulders?

Thanks!

Last edited by nijoonen,

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from nijoonen

Well figured I can throw you some questions!

Top 3 Triceps exercises for mass. Superset triceps, yes or no?
Growing some decent calfs, how?
PWOs, worth spending money on?
How do I increase my strength in my shoulders?

Thanks!

1. Weighted dips, close grip bp and pulldowns.
There is no ‘yes’ or ‘no’, try it out and see if its working for you or not. Weightlifiting is a very individual sport.
2. Try some higher reps (>15)
3. nope
4. 3×5 OHP

Shifty

See I’d have to disagree with sidestep when it comes to calves. but that’s how it goes with fitness and especially bodybuilding. In my opinion you need to hit your calves really hard and with lower reps seeing as your calf is almost 100% a slowtwitch muscle (mainly the soleus) and they are being used all day long so the muscle is constantly being stimulated. What i found works best for calves and what made the most sense for me is to hit them real hard and with lower reps (about 8 per set). With real hard I dont mean 2 plates on each side when doing standing calf raises but rather going somewhere around twice your bodyweight (your body weight + your bodyweight added with weights).
Another really really important thing is to have your legs slightly bent, dont have completely straight legs, your calves cant fully contract when your legs are fully extended. Last tip i have is hold & squeeze, meaning at the top of the contraction try holding it for about 2 seconds and really squeeze those calves, your mind muscle connection will be improved and the muscle will be on fire afterwards.
Hope i could help, Shifty.

Jimmi

[GRäS]

Quoted from bean

[…]

I didn’t discredit your opinion, but your statement was very generic, lifting weights is very different to HIIT weight lifting. And as per the title on the article, specifically Oly lifting, are we to assume only certain types of lifts will give a noticeable increase in mL/kg/min?

Also I refer to my 2nd point, where I said I have not found a study which would give comparative results to any of the mentioned studies, that is Tabata ended his study with an increase of 7 mL in his HIIT group and 5 in his control who only did steady state. Oly lifting produced 3.25.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8897392

My statement is still true and i never comparet any regims.
It was ment to be easy to understand.

Spike Himself

TC

grabbin peels

Jimmi

[GRäS]

About the calves that is a retarded muscle.
In this Swedish link you will find 2 pics of twins where one is a long distance runner and the other a lifter.

Long distance dude has bigger calves.
Found one study saying the deep calve muscle cant achieve photosynthesize from standard lifting but hey its only one.

It seems as 1 min intense sprints with 10-15 sec rest gives somewhat a good response to bigger calves if im not mistaken.

and then there is genes.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

if you go to “training”, and if you do it right, you are “destroying” your muscle… and to rebuild him you need protein. so just make sure there is a lot protein in it. for example in eggs, fish and those shit…

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Allyy

nice work aiming your question at a forum for gamers – stereotypically holding a majority of either similarly skinny fucks or fat nerds, gl anyway :D

:’)

Last edited by Tuto,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Jimmi

Found one study saying the deep calve muscle cant achieve photosynthesize from standard lifting but hey its only one.

A study showing human muscle can’t photosynthesise? Holy shit. Someone pass me a nobel prize.

Jimmi

[GRäS]

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

A study showing human muscle can’t photosynthesise? Holy shit. Someone pass me a nobel prize.

Do you even bulbasaur?
fking spellcheck :P

Monkeh

I apologise if I offended you but my phone’s spellchecker isn’t as good as chrome. Yes, I ar bat ad spelting.

Gubbins

Op4

I lift boxes of vegetables and fruit. Thinking of moving up to wholesale.

Henghast

open
bobs

I wish I could photosynthesise, although with the amount I’m in the sun it’d be a bit pointless really.

JohnnyZ

Sexy

Do some sport, I hate masters from gym, which can only move their body into one side :D. Join some sport club. They will teach you how to workout and stretching. You can eat everything, when you do some movement everyday.
WARNING: Maybe you lose you gamer-life and you will start live normal-life !!!! (aim losing danger)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »