Forum

Grandma's Tea Party

Created 29th January 2013 @ 10:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Ace

Heya, some of you might know that apart from playing medic, I play a lot of music. One of the bands I’m playing in just released an EP, so if you’re into indie (I’m not), you should check it out. :) http://open.spotify.com/artist/4JxQvMj18y5SGQir8cjNY4
It can also be found on iTunes and Wimp.

Ch3Vy

FjK

Dunno if it’s on youtube, but if it’s this song I found by putting “Grandma’s Tea Party” in the search I quite like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vojUgxBoP0U

ThePledge

That’s not too bad actually, good on you Father Ace :D

Greg

Ace you beast! Keep doing the awesome thing that you do <3

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

why would you play in a indie band if u give a fuck about that kind of music?

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

starred :) really nice stuff

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from smziii

I drummed for 2 years in a metal band despite being an indie kid :D
It’s mostly about getting experience / playing with friends.

Also fucking nice ace.

Z0R0

Great stuff here, Ace :)

Bungle

husk og gi besje om bestemors teselskap

Ace

Quoted from smziii

It’s fun, I can be as drunk as I want and still be able to play, they are amazing guys, and I quite like the challenge when it comes to composing indie music. It’s actually quite hard for a prog-rock/jazz guy like me (IT HAS TO BE SO GODDAMN SIMPLE) :D

And thank you so much for the response! You can also check out our old music video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7Lj_8OO9kM

Last edited by Ace,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

pretty cool, what do you play in it?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Sounds like Two Door Cinema Club.
I like it!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Nice! Not necessarily my cup of tea (fml, pun not intended, I swear), but it sounds good!

Obviously your band should make music the way théy want, and not how people tell them to, but I’m still wondering… If you’re the songwriter, and you come from a jazzy background, I see no reason to not implement more of those ideas into the songwriting? Some more playful and adventurous song structures, time measures, or chord progressions would do this type of music a lot of good! Convince your band mates and have them play some more daring stuff! The only reason you/they would not, is if you’re aiming at a specific audience, I guess.

Personally I feel that the best indie-rock type of music is the kind where it collides with musical genres not commonly associated with it. I mean, the genre label “indie” itself is kind of ridiculous anyway, but apart from it meaning “independent of big record labels” it usually also implies “independent of established musical ideas and concepts”, and therefore always having an element of experimentation to it.

But yeah like I started this mini wall of text, don’t care about my opinion and just make music the way you want to, that’s what it’s about.

Ace

Quoted from Permzilla

pretty cool, what do you play in it?

Keyboards!

Quoted from skeej

wall of text

I couldn’t agree more with you.
First of all, most of these songs were from before I joined, I only started playing with them last September – and we also have several song writers in the band. And believe me, I TRY, but they’re really cautious when it comes to experimenting, which I guess is the worst aspect of them. They want to keep it mainstream, which is understandable, but depressing. :c Hopefully they will mature, and understand that my crazy chord progressions are not so bad after all. :D

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

liker

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »