Forum

So I wanna kill my GPU...

Created 8th December 2012 @ 18:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Then again asking them to replace that card wouldn’t be fraud, much unlike intentionally killing the other one and then getting a warranty replacement.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from sgN^

[…]

Why? It’s not the card I want to get rid off?

Well I hope you fail in that endeavor. Scum mentality.

sgN^

TKN

Why does it matter if its fraud? Lol, I suppose most of you smoke weed too, and that’s against the law too, so who cares if I’m breaking the law?

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from sgN^

Why does it matter if its fraud? Lol, I suppose most of you smoke weed too, and that’s against the law too, so who cares if I’m breaking the law?

Cause smoking weed doesn’t affect anybody. Intentionally being a moron and commiting a fraud makes the company lose money for no reason, making future cards more expensive and/or forcing them to fire employees/give them less salary. So fuck you, don’t be a dick and have a nice day.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]Cause smoking weed doesn’t affect anybody. Intentionally being a moron and commiting a fraud makes the company lose money for no reason, making future cards more expensive and/or forcing them to fire employees/give them less salary. So fuck you, don’t be a dick and have a nice day.

Against the law none the less. I don’t see anything wrong with what I’m doing, they refuse to give me two new cards, instead just giving me one new card even tho I personally have found both of them to be faulty. All I’m doing is ensuring that they can’t fuck me over on it, coming up with some bullshit lie that it works perfectly fine in their tests.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from sgN^

[…] they refuse to give me two new cards, instead just giving me one new card even tho I personally have found both of them to be faulty. All I’m doing is ensuring that they can’t fuck me over on it, coming up with some bullshit lie that it works perfectly fine in their tests.

So umm… does the single 480 work fine on its own or not? If it doesn’t, then you have a valid point, and fraudulent behavior will bring you justice in a shady, yet more efficient way, than trying to prove that the company is trying to fuck you over by claiming that it works fine.

BUT, your story seemed to imply that one card worked fine, in fact, you started this topic with:

Quoted from sgN^

Alright, one of my GPU’s broke

Maybe you should be more clear about the situation. If you try to claim that having 1 broken gfx card in your SLI setup makes both cards “unusable” and therefore “broken”, tough luck, because it’s your own choice to run an SLI setup; the gfx card manufacturer is not responsible for your SLI setup as a whole, and the known risks that come with such a setup. Commiting fraud because you feel entitled to your specific pc setup is kinda ridiculous.

SLI/Crossfire sucks anyway, firstly because of these types of risks, and secondly because there’s still loads of microstuttering issues in many games. Just go for a powerful single GPU setup.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from skeej

[…]

So umm… does the single 480 work fine on its own or not? If it doesn’t, then you have a valid point, and fraudulent behavior will bring you justice in a shady, yet more efficient way, than trying to prove that the company is trying to fuck you over by claiming that it works fine.

BUT, your story seemed to imply that one card worked fine, in fact, you started this topic with:

[…]

Maybe you should be more clear about the situation. If you try to claim that having 1 broken gfx card in your SLI setup makes both cards “unusable” and therefore “broken”, tough luck, because it’s your own choice to run an SLI setup; the gfx card manufacturer is not responsible for your SLI setup as a whole, and the known risks that come with such a setup. Commiting fraud because you feel entitled to your specific pc setup is kinda ridiculous.

SLI/Crossfire sucks anyway, firstly because of these types of risks, and secondly because there’s still loads of microstuttering issues in many games. Just go for a powerful single GPU setup.

There isn’t a single gpu that’s worth the amount of money i spent on my two cards, otherwise I would’ve done that.

Setsul

Quoted from sgN^

Alright, one of my GPU’s broke and I got a new card from the warranty. The thing is, I can’t have no SLI configuration with two different cards so now I wanna kill my other GTX 480.

Quoted from sgN^

[…]
There’s nothing wrong with the card I got as a replacement, I wanna completely kill off one of my GTX 480’s, the one that I have left that they couldnt find an issue with.

Is the new card you got from the warranty a GTX 480 or not? If it´s a GTX 480 and SLI just doesn´t work you should try flashing them both with the same BIOS version.

Either way if you kill the new card you will probably get the same again and not solve that problem. If you kill the old card it´ll look pretty suspicous and they might refuse to send you a second replacement card.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Get a balloon, rub it on your head till you get static charge buildup.

Touch your vidcard, put it in pc again, check, etc.

Z0R0

U GO TO JAIL! IF U DO NOT PASS GO U DONT GET 200 MONEYS

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
[…]
Is the new card you got from the warranty a GTX 480 or not? If it´s a GTX 480 and SLI just doesn´t work you should try flashing them both with the same BIOS version.

Either way if you kill the new card you will probably get the same again and not solve that problem. If you kill the old card it´ll look pretty suspicous and they might refuse to send you a second replacement card.

The card I got from the warranty is a GTX 670, I don’t wanna kill my GTX 670, I wanna kill the old gtx 480 that I still have that they didn’t find anything wrong with, even tho there is something wrong with it.

Also, they won’t send me anything, I just go to the store in the city and tell em all innocent lookin like “Yeah, was gaming, shit went nuts, broke down, now it wont start again” etc.

Last edited by sgN^,

Setsul

So you went in that store told them your card broke, got a new GTX 670 and 2 days later you come back with another broken GTX 480 and want another GTX 670? They will totally buy that story.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Setsul

So you went in that store told them your card broke, got a new GTX 670 and 2 days later you come back with another broken GTX 480 and want another GTX 670? They will totally buy that story.

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from vani

[…]

I already told them back when I got my other card that it was only a matter of time before the other 480 broke too, cuz it was also acting up.

sgN^

TKN

Finally killed the card, flashed a new bios and killed the PC mid-update :) New card on monday

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »