Forum

So I wanna kill my GPU...

Created 8th December 2012 @ 18:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

sgN^

TKN

Alright, one of my GPU’s broke and I got a new card from the warranty. The thing is, I can’t have no SLI configuration with two different cards so now I wanna kill my other GTX 480. I’ve looked around, tried to up the voltage to kill it off etc but all that happens is that my PC turns itself off and it starts up just fine again. Does anyone have a better idea on how to fry the card without fuckin with my warranty?

TLDR HOW TO KILL GPU WITHOUT THE MAN NOTICING

Edit: Also, throwin out some free dota invites to anyone who can help me out, given that they want one.

Last edited by sgN^,

Fallen

TC

So you’re trying to commit fraud?

sgN^

TKN

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do…

So, any ideas?

Last edited by sgN^,

Henghast

open
bobs

maybe you should make toast and then put loads of jam on it then put the gpu in between and enjoy a retarded snack.

sgN^

TKN

Any proper ideas? Where is Chris and Animal when you need them, if they even still visit this forum.

fr0w

\V/ Gold

turn off the fan if you can?

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from fr0w

turn off the fan if you can?

That’ll just make it heat up really quickly and then shut itself off. Tried that already, it kills the PC but then the card works just fine again when I restart it

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

trying to turn off the automatical turning off when the temperature is really high in BIOS? or just take a hammer

sgN^

TKN

Quoted from mhwk

trying to turn off the automatical turning off when the temperature is really high in BIOS? or just take a hammer

And how do I find this option?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

what kind of RMA service gives you a newer card or a different card as a replacement for your old one :D You could also try calling the firm that handled the rma and ask them if you could get the same card you had before.

JimTheMagicJumper

!

something like this:

http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/

Le meme arrows

Easy bro. Ship your whole PC overseas without removing GPU from the slot. One it arrives put the fallen card back to the slot and wonder why picture is fucked up and why it’s showing only 8 mb of video memory. Worked for me.

trams

-><-

Microwave oven.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

use a hammer.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from sgN^

Alright, one of my GPU’s broke and I got a new card from the warranty. The thing is, I can’t have no SLI configuration with two different cards so now I wanna kill my other GTX 480. I’ve looked around, tried to up the voltage to kill it off etc but all that happens is that my PC turns itself off and it starts up just fine again. Does anyone have a better idea on how to fry the card without fuckin with my warranty?

TLDR HOW TO KILL GPU WITHOUT THE MAN NOTICING

Edit: Also, throwin out some free dota invites to anyone who can help me out, given that they want one.

Take off the cooler, clean up all the cooling paste, put the cooler back on.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »