Stake Land 9/10

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Moon – 9/10

Modern indie Sci-Fi with a great story line and superb acting from Sam Rockwell

FIR

SnG

Shutter Island, I think it’s mystery/investigative/crime sort of mixture, I’d give it a 9/10

cheers for selling me that Tapley, was a good watch :3

Last edited by FIR,

Comedian

breakfast club – 9.5/10
ferris bueller’s day off – 9/10

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

Brick, Hanna, Brazil, Traffic, Fargo, Donnie Darko, Mystic River, Drive

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

Magnolia – 6/10

but that’s wrong

Trath

Quoted from crouton

[…]
Pursuit of Happyness.

7 pounds

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

enter the void, mindblowing

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Agree with Monkeh, City of God is epic, hard to find a real flaw in that movie!

Looper – Sci-fi – Not the 9.5+/10 I was hoping for it to be but a solid 8.5/10 … I guess it’s refreshing to have a sci-fi movie where the sci-fi stuff is not the main subject but just a backdrop and catalyst for the characters to move around and develop in. Rian Johnson makes really cool camera and editing decisions too.

Expendables 2 – Action – 4/10 … Not sure why I watched this, I guess I was hoping for this to be one giant tongue in cheek fest, but it took itself again way too seriously like the first one, with some added VERY forced and therefore painful parody moments. I also don’t get why the action scenes are so damn boring when you have such a budget. It’s just a shot of a guy shooting followed by a counter-shot of a guy dying, rinse, repeat. The only saving grace of this movie was Jean Claude van Damme who was entertaining to watch. For anyone who hasn’t seen JCVD by the way, stop what you’re doing now and see that movie. Seriously.

The Brothers Bloom – Drama/Comedy/Adventure/Romance – 7.5/10 … Another Rian Johnson flick. Same inventiveness that is found in Looper. Hops around from genre to genre a bit too much, movie never feels grounded, pacing is off (Looper had that issue too), but is original and entertaining enough to provide a good watching experience.

Cabin in the Woods – Meta-horror? Or just a comedy? – 8/10 … The horror movie made for both people who adore horror movies, and people who don’t usually like horror movies. Not exactly a spoof or dissection of the genre but just a script that’s very self counscious about the genre’s tropes. Funny, clever, and daring.

The Raid: Redemption – Action/Martial Arts – 7.5/10 … Not the new messiah of martial arts / Asian action movies, but definitely puts Indonesia on the map as a martial arts movie country. Great action moments, especially in firefights and melee weapon fights, though hand to hand combat is a little weak and unconvincing at times compared to what we see nowadays from Tony Jaa or Donnie Yen.

Last edited by skeej,

Le meme arrows

Donnie Darko – mindfuck 10/10

Arlington Road – mindfuck 7/10

The Usual Suspects – mindfuck 10/10 . Although if you have brain you will discover the plot from the beginning.

Mulholland Dr. – mindfuck 9/10 – worth watching because of the sex scene

Stalker – mindfuck 10/10 if you know what art means, 1/10 if you’re a faggot.

Blade Runner – not mindfuck 9/10

atmo

tinker tailor soldier spy

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from jonii

enter the void, mindblowing

Those trips, huh?

alfa

The Dark Night Rises – 10/10
21 Jump Street – 8/10
End of Watch – 8/10

Looper was pretty cool too, tho the ending was garbage

Last edited by alfa,

Phrenic

Into The Wild (adventure) 7/10
Season Of The Witch (sword and sorcery) 7/10
Big Trouble in Little China (fantasy) 9/10

the latter is considerably old so don’t watch it if you adhere to the fallacious normality of modern films being better

Last edited by Phrenic,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from skeej

Agree with Monkeh

My life is complete.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »