Forum

ETF2L Cool Dudes' SC2 Tourney

Created 27th July 2012 @ 00:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

And that concludes the first ETF2L SC2 Cool Dudes’ Tourney! Weiman is the new champion, the coolest dude around, defeating NohcRa in a bo5 series in the finals 3-1! Thanks to all participants, you guys were a blast! Also, huge thank you for Beater for supporting us with the stream! Looking forward for every tiny bit of feedback from all of you, it’ll be greatly appreciated!

Brackets!

Starting Sunday, 29th of July, at 2PM. All the details are enclosed on the sign up page above. You will need a Challonge account to sign up (require, what the fuck).

It’s the first time I get such a thing going, so I want to keep it simple and straightforward. If I’m doing something plainly wrong, feel free to point it out here, at Steam or /q freshmeatt. This is kinda short notice, but it’s supposed to get some games going on a Sunday afternoon rather than give all the tryharders a chance to show off.

Just for archives, 7 participants, starting with WB Ro8. The seeds will be randomized this time around. Please make sure you are available at #etf2l.sc2 channel once the brackets are published, even considering the chance you’ll have to sit out for the first round.

Schedule:
1:45PM – checkins at #etf2l.sc2
2:00PM – publishing of the brackets; start of WB Ro8

Maps:
WB Ro8 – ESL Tal’darim Altar
WB Semis – Dreamhack GSL Daybreak
WB Finals – Bo3 – Cloud Kingdom/Ohana/Daybreak
LB1 – Dreamhack ESV Cloud Kingdom
LB2 – Dreamhack ESV Ohana

Grand Finale – Bo5 – NohcRa v Weiman!

When considering which map is to be played first in bo3, you can arrange it with your opponent or you can ask me for a cointoss to see which player will get to eliminate the map first, with the remainder of the second elimination to be played as the first map. In Bo3 rounds, the loser picks the next map. The maps are not to be played twice in a single match.

Hope this covers everything. Any questions? /q freshmeatt @ Quakenet or catch me on Steam for immediate assistance.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

dodgydogman

Panda

Didnt think even 16 people on etf2l own sc2 :P. Looks cool!

rtan

-9w-

looks fun! shame I’m away in Glasgow. I’m just expecting sickless to sign up and win.

Mark

Phase

No point, Mar will win

Battery

I’ll play Splinter Cell 2 with you guys

DarkSlayer

awesome! im in :)

DarkSlayer

what skill are people generally? top bronze like a badass

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Mar has went awol, I’m replacing him

fle.

haven’t play like 4 months but want to join :)

will it finish till the 7-7.30 pm? got some nations cup game in sunday :/

mici

Quoted from DarkSlayer

signed up, im top silver / bottom gold, but havent played in a while :D

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from fle.

haven’t play like 4 months but want to join :)

will it finish till the 7-7.30 pm? got some nations cup game in sunday :/

If we get up to 16 players, it’ll make for four rounds in the tree. Considering we’re starting at 2PM, it’ll give us an estimated 37.5min per match for Round-of-16 and Quarters and 1h52.5min per match for Semis and Finals (considering all three maps will be played in those matches). Think we can do it – in case of an emergency, there’s no reason not to move the 3rd place match and finals for another day in the upcoming week and have them casted!

Quoted from DarkSlayer

Pretty sure you are still in a good position to win some games, don’t worry. :D It’s single elim this time, but in case I find double elim to be possible, everyone will have a chance to play at least two matches in a tourney – think that’s reasonable for a laid back tournament like that.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Edd

T2P

cool dudes and starcraft don’t go together

ouch

yes! sc2! shit-bronze! signed up!

Last edited by ouch,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Due to a popular request, the tourney will be played on Dreamhack versions of maps, with a guest appearance of Tal’Darim Altar from ESL. Hope this change is for better, even thought the notice is even shorter than the whole thing’s one. I’m planning on assigning TA to bo1 rounds of the tourney only, but we’ll see about that – it all depends on the time constraints.

antyjc

2ne1

Also, might be better to have a map like antiga shipyard or entombed valley rather than Tal’darim Altar.

Tal’darim is a pretty shit map.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »