Forum

Starcraft 2 people!

Created 22nd July 2012 @ 00:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from FIR

hmm I dont know why people say terran is piss easy to get free wins. Well obviously I myself am no great player, but I find that playing Terran is much harder than playing toss. I’m not arguing about balance or anything, its just that if I ever do, on the rare days that I play protoss, things seem much simpler with all those observers and instant reinforcements and chronoboost. They’ve nerfed Terran to the point that I’ve lost interest in maining Terran, because the only viable and safe way to play Terran lately is to mech. Mech is basically “turtle until 2/1 then push with thor/tank deathball and leapfrog+steamroll”, not saying that every terran does this but majority do.

Yeah, against zerg.

Taeja showed how to rip apart a protoss last night in MLG, he played perfectly.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I’d be up for some monobattles and peepmode. I haven’t played in ages, and when I played it was mostly 2v2, but I played bw for 10 years so I should be able to compete at a decent level.

prOxiBeater 781

I’m never online, so you’d probably be better off messaging me on steam if you ever want to grab a hold of me.

Last edited by Beater,

FIR

SnG

Is bio still viable in TvT/TvP then? People keep telling me to mech a lot, and that bio is easily countered and usually results in a very nasty end for Terrans.

And top-level play is incomparable to players in lower leagues, we simply do not have the mechanics and general “intuition”. Perhaps to diamond+ players, or even plat+ it may seem like its still viable, but doing bio builds against P and T nowadays on lower levels seems to be suicide as P will almost always go colossus or storm (to which you have to split and stuff, which is incredibly micro-intensive for casual players) and T will always go tank/viking, to which the answer is either to outproduce him or go tank/viking yourself.

I’m pretty sure you being a high skilled player can tear what i just said to shreds, but you have to realize that there are some people who just want to play the game for fun, not (as Skyride pointed out) 120% tryhard memorizing counters to builds and whatnot. Terran bio for me is fun in a way, but it ceases to be fun when it gets crushed mercilessly no matter how you plan your bio-based game.

E: is there a vod for that Taeja game? I’m curious as to what happened.

Last edited by FIR,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from FIR

Is bio still viable in TvT/TvP then? People keep telling me to mech a lot, and that bio is easily countered and usually results in a very nasty end for Terrans.

And top-level play is incomparable to players in lower leagues, we simply do not have the mechanics and general “intuition”. Perhaps to diamond+ players, or even plat+ it may seem like its still viable, but doing bio builds against P and T nowadays on lower levels seems to be suicide as P will almost always go colossus or storm (to which you have to split and stuff, which is incredibly micro-intensive for casual players) and T will always go tank/viking, to which the answer is either to outproduce him or go tank/viking yourself.

I’m pretty sure you being a high skilled player can tear what i just said to shreds, but you have to realize that there are some people who just want to play the game for fun, not (as Skyride pointed out) 120% tryhard memorizing counters to builds and whatnot. Terran bio for me is fun in a way, but it ceases to be fun when it gets crushed mercilessly no matter how you plan your bio-based game.

E: is there a vod for that Taeja game? I’m curious as to what happened.

Hey I never said I was a high skilled player, I’m fucking terrible. But from what I’ve seen as a Protoss, most Terran players go MMM with ghosts/vikings late game to combat colossi/ht and archon. This is in my level + from what I’ve seen in pro matches. I still think bio is viable against Protoss you just have to be active with it like Taeja was, he just played pretty standard but dropped and attacked 3 places at once constantly v Alicia. It just didn’t allow Alicia to build up his deathball a move army. I’m not sure if the MLG vods are up yet, or if they will ever be free to watch.

Unfortunately in a TVP the Terran can’t just sit back and allow the Protoss to hit 200/200, that’s always going to end badly. Kind of like in a PVZ, Protoss just can’t allow the Zerg to sit and drone till 70 and expect to win the game.

edit: if you’re having trouble in TVP’s, you should just try 1 rax expand, then push around 9/10 minutes before the Protoss can really start pumping out his tech (assuming he went the standard 1 gate expand).

Last edited by rtan,

FIR

SnG

hmmm…then perhaps its me not dropping enough, or generally not knowing when to attack/put pressure. As for 1 rax expand, its so risky and I often lose to early pressure, but the times when I can pull it off I generally just outproduce/outrace the toss in terms of upgrades. My games are somehow so decisive, by 8-10 minutes its clear who’s going to win and lose, I don’t know how and I don’t know why, all I know is that its mentally sapping all the energy after a few games.

As for assuming you were high level, my apologies. But then again you’re probably good enough to make me look mediocre :P

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from rtan

[…]

Nah, all races are pretty balanced at the moment. We saw in the past month or two Zerg had some pretty insane win percentages (probably thanks to stephano and his 3 hatch no gas build against protoss) but now it’s evened up a bit. No longer are Zergs dominating Protoss and Terran, but I still think we might see a slight balance patch with Queens in the next update.

I also laugh when people say Protoss is an easy race, I’ve played both Terran and Protoss and while I’m by no means a top player, Terran was piss easy to just get free wins constantly.

Playing random to diamond level, terran has been the most difficult, protoss has been by far the easiest for so many reasons, and zerg has taken the most getting used to in the sense that its so different to other rts games. They all seem to take the same level of “gamesense” and understanding the matchups, but mechanically it is the easiest, the macro and the micro..

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Playing random to diamond level, terran has been the most difficult, protoss has been by far the easiest for so many reasons, and zerg has taken the most getting used to in the sense that its so different to other rts games. They all seem to take the same level of “gamesense” and understanding the matchups, but mechanically it is the easiest, the macro and the micro..

Or maybe you’re just better at Protoss? :D

anyway balance debates are boring as shit, if anyone would like to play some 1v1 with a terrible gold player or challenge me and my friend to some shitty 2v2’s add me on steam

Last edited by rtan,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

For the nerds that don’t know, 2012 GSL Season 1 Code S will begin in a few SECONDS. Beach stage in Busan and all that jazz.

Swarlz

Anyone else playing? I’m just getting back into SC2 and looking for people to play against.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Swarlz

Anyone else playing? I’m just getting back into SC2 and looking for people to play against.

plat terran if anyone wants a free win

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from rtan

[…]

plat terran if anyone wants a free win

shup cheese cannonrush fgt

Zebbosai

master toss/zerg hit me up on steam if u want to play

Traxantic

TLR