Forum

Video Game Student Project - Shadow Diver

Created 25th June 2012 @ 23:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

SmoKe

Hey !

I would like to introduce you my final year project called Shadow Diver.
We’ve been nominated to the European Indie Game Days (student project) among more than 100 projects !

http://uppix.net/2/e/3/fabf463f3dea18a0aa53314a3676d.jpg

Presentation :

Shadow Diver, is a project developped by 17 students during 3 months.
That’s also a game with a scenario which hinge on a line of succession of missions.
Whether you succeed or fail will have an impact on the running of the story.

I invite you to watch the trailer before getting further informations.

Storyline :
Year 2190…

Men dreamt about it. Mars was colonized, but it is far from being the Promised Land. It turns out Mars is a dictatorship ruled with an iron fist by the Colonial Authority; a puppet regime supported by a consortium of greedy corporations.

Asim is a settler who lives in New Dedalie, the capital of Mars. Equipped with a wingsuit and, despite danger, this courier flies through the heart of the canyons that cross the megalopolis. But, one day, Asim is caught in a trap and locked away in the central prison of New Dedalie.

In order to escape, Asim accepts the help of a mysterious hacker from Earth called Deelok. Forced to go off the grid, he now has to work for the Freedom Fighters of Mars. Asim becomes a ” Shadow Diver “.

The game Shadow Diver gives you the opportunity to embody Asim and help the freedom fighters of Mars to fight against the Colonial dictatorship. You can become an ally with the wild paramilitary force, the sons of Phobos and lead sabotage missions. Either follow the mysterious path of the Astralée brotherhood by diverting the propaganda messages of the Colonial Authority.

Mars must be freed…!

First Fly :
Test the game and give us your feedbacks !

Team Composition :
5 Graphic artists
4 Game / Level Designers
2 Sound Designers
6 Programmers (including me)

Contacts :
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Steam group

PS : The videos at the beginning of the game won’t work if you run the game in fullscreen with a dual screen. That’s a free UDK licence problem.

Last edited by SmoKe,

Phrozen

?

looks pretty cool! :)

Xerofset

DMS!

The graphics are awesome. Will def. test the demo tonight when i get home

Biohazard

IDK

I will definitely test the game tonight, the trailer looks absolutely amazing, graphics look great even for non student based project!

Keep up the good work, world needs people like you :)

Hunt3r

LAME

for those interested, demo is 800MB.

will try it out later.

Swarlz

This looks sweet. I’m totally checking this when I get home

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Trailer looks awesome. Great job, will be having a look later too.

SmoKe

Thanks a lot guys :)

trams

-><-

I get some MDK vibes from this, nice ;) http://youtu.be/e40AeltLvMo?t=4m31s

SmoKe

I created a steam group !
I’ll post every news about the project, especially the contests we’re part of !
We’ll soon need your support to vote for a contest then we’ll be able to go to the next step !

Thanks a lot (from me and the whole SDTeam).

SmoKe

We won EIGD !

SmoKe

Reporting (in french) about EIGD on the biggest french website Jeuxvideo.com.

Last edited by SmoKe,

SmoKe

Hey !

We’re registered in a new contest and we need your help to be able to go to the next step !

It’ll only take 30 seconds to vote : http://concours.ganuta.com/galerie/13/shadow-diver-the-game

You just have to click on the “Vote” button, then put an email adress and then click the link that you’ll find in the email.

Thanks a lot.

huhystah

Voted, good luck!

LaMqTa

fenneks

Voted. The game looks interesting, gonna try it later! GL!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »