Forum

MTB Jump Video

Created 8th April 2012 @ 21:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

lolage

TSPAG

Hi, I made this video and know of a few people in the community who are into videography/biking. Just looking for some C+C really. =)

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17BBDc54Bbs&feature=player_embedded

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

you should build a DIY camera stabilizer or something, the footage looked a little shakey. Expecially as you are filming with a DSLR you get alot of sideways wobble (rolling shutter). just search on youtube for a DIY rig to get your hands as far away from the lens as possible will make a world of difference to your footage. Try searching for a DIY Fig rig or something, they are easy and cheap to make.

Also throw some colour correction on there or something to give your image more vibrance, it looks a little flat imo.

loving the depth of field pulling focus shit though :)

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from BoneS

you should build a DIY camera stabilizer or something, the footage looked a little shakey. Expecially as you are filming with a DSLR you get alot of sideways wobble (rolling shutter). just search on youtube for a DIY rig to get your hands as far away from the lens as possible will make a world of difference to your footage. Try searching for a DIY Fig rig or something, they are easy and cheap to make.

Also throw some colour correction on there or something to give your image more vibrance, it looks a little flat imo.

loving the depth of field pulling focus shit though :)

Thanks a lot. I have been looking at some of the DIY stabilers, they look easy enough to make just have not got round to it! Any tips on colour correction? Not really done it before.

Cheers :)

Spike Himself

TC

Nice biking, but where are the jumps?

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Spike Himself

Nice biking, but where are the jumps?

:3

Its more so a downhill trail ride more than full on “jumps”.

bean

isaninja

Technical aspects aside mate, I’d say it’s missing that feeling of speed. Especially as you are peggin this as DH/Jump.

If you look at Sprung or Earthed, I realise they’re all pro DH’ers but even on the long straights and open fields you got that feeling of flat out speed that all DH’ers understand.

Alex Rankin has his own Youtube channel with his archive of bike related footage, it’s worth having a look through.

Last edited by bean,

dougiie

CotC

lol bean. nerd.

nice stuff lolage!

bean

isaninja

Quoted from dougiie

lol bean. nerd.

nice stuff lolage!

CU AT LAN DOUGLAS

dougiie