Forum

Benefits of an expensive/gaming keyboard?

Created 27th January 2012 @ 15:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I got given a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and I have to say I don’t use any of the gimmicky gaming features, but mechanical keyboards are definitely the way to go!

Feels so nice :o

BZAD

buy a cherry G80-3000LPC (this one has cherry-black switches)

i have to admit, that it looks like a keyboard from the 60’s and not worth 50€ but the feeling of the keys is awesome.

It is like a Formula 1 Car, it looks like shit, but it drives like *insert favorite thing here*

CHEERS!

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I have a Filco Majestouch, probably the best thing in the world, it feels solid and durable and I melt with every key stroke I make.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from Shintaz

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000T5KPK6/ref=asc_df_B000T5KPK66303535?smid=A2I7QVS8P2UX7J&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B000T5KPK6

atmo

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I have a Filco Majestouch, probably the best thing in the world, it feels solid and durable and I melt with every key stroke I make.

but does it have MX Reds

I THOUGHT NOT

enjoy not typing on a cloud of breasts cu@qlan

Saki

Quoted from Mark

[…]

This. I bought a Steelseries 7G and regret it – it gave my hands severe cramp/ache/discomfort after about 30 minutes of playing. Went back to a cheapo Logitech and it’s awesome.

Lol? it’s called black mechanical switch. It’s meant to have a lot of force to press any keys. Nice to see you found your old gear still useful though.

Quoted from SteveyJJ

My housemate had to shout at me because my nerd mechanical typing skills was keeping her up one night. As nice as they are to type on, mechanical keyboards make a fair bit of noise.

That only depends on what switch, brown switches aren’t too bad when it comes to noise but blue switches are a absolute killer.

Quoted from atmo

Razer keyboards are shit, don’t buy them.

Judge the product. Not the brand. The standard blackwidows is actually surprisingly nice on your wallet for a mechanical board.
P.s. Razor blackwidow is actually 2KRO regardless of which model you get.

Quoted from GibbZ

Get a filco majestouch. Best keyboard I’ve ever used and I honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything. If there’s one thing that’s made gaming more comfortable, enjoyable and that makes a difference (especially in hon atleast) its a mechanical keyboard. So nice.

Filco’s are some quality boards but they are pretty damn pricey. Also at the endo f the day you cannot just say ‘it’s good for gaming’ especially when filco is involved not because they make bad boards but they make boards with all types of switches.

Mechanical boards all come down to preference of switches.

As with all gaming equipment however I say this:

You can give a fisherman the best tennis racket ever, but it can mean he still sucks at tennis… badly.

Skill>equipment but it does give an edge, just don’t depend on it.

ijswezel

swimp

it is a closely guarded secret that an expensive/gaming keyboard is the number one secret to being deep fried in fanny batter

that said i have a logitech g15 and only use the lcd screen to feed my tamagotchi

ash

(Legend)
:D

switches … switches…

can somebody give a round-up of different switch types please? :/

skA

TF2Pickup

a use a roccat arvo.
it’s really small which is an advantage cause you have more space for your mouse pad etc…
I really like it

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from ash

switches … switches…

Red – super light, linear
Brown – very light, tactile
Blue – light, tactile + click
Black – heavy, linear
Clear – heavy, tactile

Linear = like a piano key
Tactile = like a regular rubber dome
Click = like a retractable pen

atmo

Quoted from Saki

Judge the product. Not the brand. The standard blackwidows is actually surprisingly nice on your wallet for a mechanical board.
P.s. Razor blackwidow is actually 2KRO regardless of which model you get.

Razer use terrible keycaps. The product and brand are linked.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

http://www.recycledgoods.com/product_images/a/058/s_p_21922_1__40901_zoom.jpg

Stole this from school, been using it for 1½ years. Amazing keyboard.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from ash

switches … switches…

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide the basic guide

Sketch

MM

if you are really on a tight budget just get a standard keyboard with alps switches not cherries. They are still far superior to rubber dome keyboards just do nothing flashy. generally they are thought to wear out faster than cherries. but it still takes several years.

shdwpuppet

I have a das keyboard ultimate s and it is one of the best keyboards I have ever bought. It has weathered many a spill and all night gaming session without ever making my hands tired. Typing is also much, much faster. I cannot recommend it enough (though I have to be careful while typing and casting, because it gets picked up from my neighbor’s house rather loudly)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »