Forum

Benefits of an expensive/gaming keyboard?

Created 27th January 2012 @ 15:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

My standard/office keyboard is on its last legs. I was wondering what keyboard to get and a friend recommended the razer lycosa. I looked it up and it seemed to be £70 for some LEDs and the word razer written on it.
Am I missing something or are you really just paying for LEDs and a few extra buttons?
Thanks

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

In the case of the Lycosa, pretty much yeah.

I use the MS Sidewinder X4 personally, which works fine and is relatively cheap (£30-£40?) but like you say has too many buttons and lights for my liking.

Currently looking covetously at the Corsair K60 though, with its aluminium, its mechanical keys and its easy cleaning… all for ~£90 :(

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Your best bet is getting a mecanical one. Qpad MK50 (MX Red), Steelseries G6V2 (MX Blacks) are some of the cheapest ones that.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Crasp

In the case of the Lycosa, pretty much yeah.

I use the MS Sidewinder X4 personally, which works fine and is relatively cheap (£30-£40?) but like you say has too many buttons and lights for my liking.

Currently looking covetously at the Corsair K60 though, with its aluminium, its mechanical keys and its easy cleaning… all for ~£90 :(

Pretty much this. My sidewinder finally gave in after 2 years last week and even then it was only a buggered spacebar. I bought a g510 and loving it although I’m thinking that there are a few to many G buttons for me considering I only play tf2 (and worms!).

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from MIndYe

Your best bet is getting a mecanical one. Qpad MK50 (MX Red), Steelseries G6V2 (MX Blacks) are some of the cheapest ones that.

But why?
Why get a mechanical gaming keyboard over a standard one?
I’m not attacking your point, I just don’t see what a gaming keyboard has over a standard one

n00ne

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
But why?
I’m not attacking your point, I just don’t see what a gaming keyboard has over a standard one

Apart from your girlfriend coming over and seeing your flashy LED covered gaming keyboard and mouse, then realising you have no life – nothing really.

Taimou

just buy logitech deluxe 250, is about 8-15 euros price and has worked wonders for last 4-5 years. :)

http://img2.topproduct.nl/img/792773/e884cb-600-600-max-max/logitech-keyboard-deluxe-250-cz.jpg

Last edited by Taimou,

AnimaL

dont buy g15, it has utter shit keys

good lcd tho, cant live without it anymore :]

i also cant live without backlit (i guess u call it led) keys, i even payed extra to get em on laptop, i just like it, its preferance really

Last edited by AnimaL,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Taimou

just buy logitech deluxe 250, is about 8-15 euros price and has worked wonders for last 4-5 years. :)

http://img2.topproduct.nl/img/792773/e884cb-600-600-max-max/logitech-keyboard-deluxe-250-cz.jpg

This. I bought a Steelseries 7G and regret it – it gave my hands severe cramp/ache/discomfort after about 30 minutes of playing. Went back to a cheapo Logitech and it’s awesome.

SteveyJJ

CoWC

My housemate had to shout at me because my nerd mechanical typing skills was keeping her up one night. As nice as they are to type on, mechanical keyboards make a fair bit of noise.

stuntz

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
But why?

A mechanical keyboard has diferent types of switches (they feel diferent), you can pick the ones you like, in my case i picked reds because theyre really light and soft. I tested out the 7g with the blacks and for me theyre very stiff.

And they will last decades :)

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
But why?

Pretty much what stuntz said. They have a better feel (opinion, but I’ve yet to find someone who has actually tried one and claims the opposite) and they last WAAY longer and the switches replacable.

Last edited by MIndYe,

atmo

Razer keyboards are shit, don’t buy them.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Get a filco majestouch. Best keyboard I’ve ever used and I honestly wouldn’t trade it for anything. If there’s one thing that’s made gaming more comfortable, enjoyable and that makes a difference (especially in hon atleast) its a mechanical keyboard. So nice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000T5KPK6/ref=asc_df_B000T5KPK66303535?smid=A2I7QVS8P2UX7J&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B000T5KPK6

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »