Forum

Best gaming headset

Created 30th November 2011 @ 11:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from atmo

TRRS to 2x TRS splitter http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gold-plated-3-5mm-female-to-dual-male-audio-split-adapter-32328 + whatever mobile phone earphones you want eg nuforce ne-7m

It’s absolutely dog shit to play with in-ears imo.

sickless

fnx.simrai

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

i’m sorry eskimo tim but that was too easy.

i thought you’re sick

BZAD

Sharkoon Rush.

Very cheap and good.

http://www.amazon.de/Sharkoon-Rush-Headset-Stereo-3-5mm/dp/B001FBOELE

CHEERS!

Last edited by BZAD,

Snyyppis

RLM

I still wouldn’t trade my creative fatal1ty headset for anything, it’s comfortable, mic comes off, and sounds good. It’s also one of the cheapest out there really and if you’re not a big audiophile then the sound quality is good enough.

FIR

SnG

I use a Logitech G35. Hasn’t let me down yet.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from FIR

how long have you had it for?

FIR

SnG

5 months plus. Tried it from a friend about a year ago but didn’t have any money until then.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from FIR

5 months plus. Tried it from a friend about a year ago but didn’t have any money until then.

That’s not really long enough. There are HD-25’s that are over 15 years old and still going strong, now that’s quality ;).

Skyride

DUCS

So bassically your options are these:

Steelseries Siberia v2’s: Not the best sound quality or mic, but phenomenally comfortable to the point you sometimes forget you even have them on.

Roccat Kave: A touch heavy on the heavy side, and generally work fit better if you have a slightly larger head, but pretty much the best sound quality and mic of any gaming headset. KustomPC sell out of them before sunday every single time they go to an i-series if thats any indication.

Decent Headphones + Desk Mic: Definitely the best sound quality you can get, but this can be a touch on the expensive side. Bassically it’s just up to you whether you’d prefer the convenience of a 1 piece thing. Afaik, the Sennheiser HD555’s are the goto set if you want to do this, however someone who knows a little more about headphones may want to correct me.

Medusa NX Stereo: Bassically the goto if you want something cheap. They’re only about £20, have pretty good sound quality, decent mic, although not the comfiest things in the world.

Sennheiser PC350/PC360: Bassically the “I am Alan Sugar and money is no object” set. Brilliant sound quality, decently comfortable and great mic (Level Up uses these for Quake Live casting). I’d go for these no question if I was willing to spend that much money on a headset.

Hopefully that’s a bit more thorough than “I have these and i think they r rly good”.

Last edited by Skyride,

FIR

SnG

true. but in all honesty i dont see it failing anytime soon, and im in love with that flexible mike and massive earpieces aha.

then again i never had anything that lasted 15 years, so i wouldnt exactly know the definition of “longevity” so to speak.

Last edited by FIR,

Toasty

6m.

Quoted from atmo

TRRS to 2x TRS splitter http://www.dealextreme.com/p/gold-plated-3-5mm-female-to-dual-male-audio-split-adapter-32328 + whatever mobile phone earphones you want eg nuforce ne-7m

Im currently using in-ears wich is horrible for a longer period of time imo, my ears start to hurt.

Quoted from grimbar

Simple: do not get a headset, buy headphones and mic separately. You’ll thank me later

I used to have that it was actually quiet good, i just find that it is easier to have a headset. It might just be me.

Quoted from FIR

I was going to buy that, but then my friend who have had it for over a year told me that the driver fuckd up and aparantly the surround sound isent working properly (?) not confirmed tho, might just have been him.

Also @ skyride, thanks for your long post m8, im gonna save it incase i will ever need #1 advise about headsets again :D

I allready bought one yesturday, the Monix Kleid 20. I looked at some reviews online and it is aparantly pretty good, also i like leather cousions because the cloth cousions get dirty pretty quick and i have experience with them making you itch when u wear them for too long.

I had Fatal1ty before, and its a pretty good headset but i didnt quiet like it tbh.

Im hoping my new headset will arrive next week so i can try it. If it sucks its back to this thread i guess.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from FIR

true. but in all honesty i dont see it failing anytime soon, and im in love with that flexible mike and massive earpieces aha.

then again i never had anything that lasted 15 years, so i wouldnt exactly know the definition of “longevity” so to speak.

pretty much every g35 breaks after a year, they are terribly designed, had 2 myself + everyone i know who ever had one had theirs broken one already. Thankfully 2 years logitech warranty means that you will always be able to get a new one.

using roccat kave / siberia v2’s myself atm, the kave has slightly better sound quality, but the siberias got amazing comfort.

Anathema

Serious reply:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-czs-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone

Don’t get any of the gaming headsets. The people commenting here on how great they are have clearly never heard proper headphones.
It’s like upgrading to Bose from iBuds and claiming they sound amazing.

re-read thread, post deleted :D

Last edited by sick-lizard,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Beyerdynamic MMX300
Sennheiser PC350/PC360

Don’t bother with other gaming headsets.

Cheapish and good: AKG K518, Superlux HD668, Sennheiser HD448.
With this mic: http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/BrowseReviews.dx/sku.4468
Desk mics are generally horrible at lan ;)

Don’t complain about the price, you asked for the best.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »