Forum

Movie request

Created 4th October 2011 @ 22:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

IPZIE

SUAVE

I watched Moon, like 6month ago and its a very good story and has some great visual language.

Sry, but i have to say that i dont really like the story or the theme of “firefly” if i got that right. We are talking about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0nRB2JxSI right?

I heared about “Four Lions” a couple of times and its definitely on my list of movies to watch, ty for that. Sounds like a great movie :)

“2001: a space odyssey” is one of the films you have to see once in your lifetime ( im not talking about films like “Titanic” // sry titanic fans in the forum) “It´s one of the best films, thank you for bringing it back into my focus.

“Super 8” Really reminded me of watching the old “Free Willy” Films from back in the idk. I dont really know why but it felt like watching this “Boys in my age having a big adventure going on in their neighbourhood” 10 years ago. Really liked it.

I haven´t seen “Drive” so far. On the list now.

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

Watch battle royale/Batoru rowaiaru/バトル・ロワイアル

watched it yesterday, It’s hilariously fucked up.

100% right. i watched the trailer and first thing i saw was 2 fighting dogs. Then i found the real trailer and it was much worser :D.done with that <3

“Starship Troopers” pure awesomeness. The first movie is the best one. Dont even watch the others guys!!!! They would have made a lot of money from making a decent game out of it but from what i can see… its just like the other movies. A try hard.

I´am going to watch “Seven Pounds” now so i will talk about that tomorrow :)

Last edited by IPZIE,

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Ex Drummer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0812243/

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

In Bruge
City of God
Godfather series
Shawshank Redemption
Once Upon a Time in the West
Heat
The new Star Trek film (Really surprisingly good imo)
Oldboy

+10000 on Moon, even the music in that is awesome.

IPZIE

SUAVE

I really enjoyed watching “seven pounds” and i have to say that i never really liked Will Smith as an actor but he convinced me that he has made it to the top. On somepoint it reminded me a little bit of “Forest Gump”…had nothing to do with the story, more with the superior acting and the metaphorical language. I recommend watching it.

Last edited by IPZIE,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

In Bruge
Oldboy

WAR your still the best movie recommender EU

Dusty Lens

”Kingdom on Heaven” – War, quest?!
”Dear John” – Romantic
“The Adjustment Bureau” – Action/Romance
“Shawshank redemption” – One of the best movies I`ve ever seen. Adventure. About life in the prison.
”Tucker and Dale VS evil” – Quite an amusing comedy. The humor gets old at some point, but it is worth the watch if you dont want to get too serious about a movie.

If you watch tv series, theres nothing new I can suggest. The same old : Friends (10 seasons should pass some time), How I met your mother, The big bang theory, Chuck, Firefly.

Last edited by Dusty Lens,

Farah

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

In Bruge
City of God
Godfather series
Shawshank Redemption
Once Upon a Time in the West
Heat
The new Star Trek film (Really surprisingly good imo)
Oldboy

+10000 on Moon, even the music in that is awesome.

+1 on this list even though i much prefer sympathy of mr vengeance and sympathy of lady vengeance(though i’d say sympathy of lady vengeance is a lot easier to watch than mr) to oldboy.

also remove godfather 3, it’s terrible apart from sofia coppola and how hot she is

i’d add these movies too:

reqiuem for a dream
network(IM FUCKIN MAD)
Pi(not for everyone though tbh, but i love it)
the fountain
a clockwork orange
dr strangelove(best comedy ever)

and the obviously over-pretentious suggestion: koyaanisqatsi(i actually love this film but holy shit it’s so fucking up itself it’s ridiculous)

laerin

-9w-

Picking the first random films that come into my head that I like:

Oldboy
Good Will Hunting
The Road to El Dorado (shut up it’s amazing)
American Beauty
The Big Lebowski

Last edited by laerin,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Good films being mentioned all over the place…but seven pounds…really? I started to laugh at Will’s “OMG i’m so serious and this is going to be such a hard thing to do” face that he kept putting on, I mean seriously, he stared off into the middle distance with a quivvering upper lip and mournful eyes sooo many times.

Memento
Little Miss Sunshine
Nearly anything by the Coen Brothers
Once upon a time in America…(longest film ever, but worth it)
Old Boy
Scum
City of God
The Thing
The Descent
Trading Places
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Brewster’s Millions
Alien and Aliens
Scarface

IPZIE

SUAVE

Monkeh have you seen the second ” The Descent” film? I think its pretty good and it managed it very well to catch up with the first one!

Monkeh

I haven’t watched it yet no, but it’s a sequel, so it’s almost bound to be poo isn’t it?

Sylosin

MEAT
evCon.

The Game
The Prestige
The Fountain
Twelve Monkeys
Into the Wild
Magnolia
Ghost Dog
Session 9
Primer
Mulholland Drive
Boogie Nights
Transsiberian

Last edited by Sylosin,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Transsiberian is good :) enjoyed it.

Feersum

Royal`
Panda

Quoted from IPZIE

Sry, but i have to say that i dont really like the story or the theme of “firefly” if i got that right. We are talking about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0nRB2JxSI right?

Although it isn’t to everyones taste, I really recommend you give firefly a chance as this trailer really does not do it justice. There is so much more to it than that.

also if your into your horror, martyrs is an excellent film

alfa

District 9 and Real Steel

Last edited by alfa,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »