I want an OS focused on powerfull PC’s.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Pyle

I want an OS focused on powerfull PC’s.

Win8 uses less resources than w7 :p

LOLiver

.flac

been messing around a little bit with win 8 on a 40 gb partition on a thinkpad t420 i7 4gb, with av installed im getting a ram usage of about 800mb. took me some time to find how to disable metro theme, but some newly updated web pages on tech forums managed to bring the answer ( regedit explorer option to disable). Haven’t installed many programs on it, need to see if the nividia drivers work for optimus , so i can see if there is a performance gain from win 7 on games such as tf2, trackmania and any other games i can dl. Boots up fast and shuts-down fast. Kinda find metro “home” a bit useless, a bit of fun to start with but gets a bit boring , when on a pc, would be the opposite on a tablet. But at the end of the day i guess its personal opinion… tried unplugging laptop to see battery life. Havnt done a full run, but atm i cant really notice any sort of “longer Lasting battery” (when comparing estimate time to win 7 ). Still need to go through more of the features (if there is any main visual features compared to win 7).

Last edited by LOLiver,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s a pre-beta build, so dont expect anything to work properly. It’s not called a preview for nothing.

LOLiver

.flac

Quoted from Koeitje

It’s a pre-beta build, so dont expect anything to work properly. It’s not called a preview for nothing.

yea, would be intersting to see what the first “proper” beta is like, compared to the developer preview, but from the messing around its seems to be very smooth for a first dev beta

Last edited by LOLiver,

AnimaL

so, anyone done a proper timedemo comparison?!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3