Created 8th August 2011 @ 21:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Ramown

TIDS

Quoted from alfa

[…]

with that attitude, no wonder the police beat people up

Fuck off you Romanian piece of shit.

Okay I made this thread as I woke up hearing about the riots starting here (Birmingham)
I watched the news and stuff for around an hour then I saw how serious I was getting, I decided to go and see it for my self since I live around 10 mins from the centre of Brum.

I recognised a few people that I know but don’t really associate with (Black, white, asians) and I simply asked what everyone was doing, It seemed that of the 30ish people I asked 25 were just seeing for themselves and the other 5 were generic “N*ggers” with nothing going for them.

I don’t agree with the riots, but it was inevitable, all these rich people are finally seeing what real the cost of these cuts are. People with NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

It’s not going to stop overnight, parliament need to get of their leather seats and fucking do something, make a half decent decision for once.

Also, to all these western Europeans that are talking shit. It doesn’t involve you.

The writer of the Brum riots tumblr:
It’s easy to dismiss the rioters as “scum with nothing better to do” but there are much deeper problems here. As a young, male, ethnic minority in the inner city myself, chances are, I probably know some of these people. I can relate to the feelings of helplessness. I’ve been fortunate enough to be successful as a musician myself and been able to create my own positive future, but these kids rioting don’t see themselves having a future at all. They have been failed by society as a whole, they’ve been failed by the government cutting arts funding and closing youth centres, unemployment is rife to the point where even the ones desperately trying to seek work simply can’t find it, and the boiling point to all this (Mark Duggan events) is a situation that is VERY REAL. I myself have been stopped and searched many times by police for no given reason. They raided my apartment at 6.30 in the morning once while my wife and I were asleep claiming they’d had reports of a disturbance. I’ve been questioned for gang activity that I had no part of, because of how I look and where I come from. It’s simple racial profiling, and whilst that is NOT an excuse for the behaviours of rioters, the sad fact is that it happens.

We live in pretty desperate times as a whole, and the inner city youth are at the bottom of the barrel. So whilst this behaviour IS disgusting, try and have some compassion and relate to fellow human beings who literally feel hopeless and don’t see a way out. When you think about, the right emotion to feel in some of the cases is just sadness and pity – kids robbing a flat screen TV when they see an opportunity to… because they know they’ll never be able to afford it. Is a kid robbing some trainers that different to a corrupt politician fiddling the expenses accounts, or corrupt policemen and journalists taking bribes (as we’ve seen in the phone-hacking scandals?). So what kind of example are those people setting?

Remember, most of these kids looting ARE just opportunists. It’s only the really violent ones smashing the windows, the rest just go in after them and take what they can. I have faith in humanity and I don’t think that most of these kids are bad people. I really don’t. They are the lost ones, neglected and marginalized, in many cases without the basic education to understand that there are better ways to go about life.

You don’t have to condone their actions to have some compassion and to ask yourself, is there anything I can do to help? Even if there isn’t – ranting and dismissing them as animals isn’t going to help. The latter is precisely why many of them act the way they do. I’m not saying you can’t be angry at what they’ve done…but I think we all owe each other a few minutes thought at exactly why things like this happen.

Just my own personal thoughts and opinions. You don’t have to agree, but hopefully you can respect them and my right to have them.

TL;DR: Don’t believe what you hear and only half of what you see.

Also this: http://youtu.be/biJgILxGK0o
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpnwqzWKm11qjm9bpo1_500.png

Last edited by Ramown,

grimbar

You didn’t just link a quote by Martin Luther King and tried to compare it to this situation, gg

(not sure if part of the post you quoted – whoever did this is a mong)

Last edited by grimbar,

Quoted from Califax

http://a.yfrog.com/img739/3050/5oew.jpg

http://youtu.be/fCsrcnUy8ao

These made me laugh. It’s good to know there are some decent English people.

Mailbawx

Quoted from grimbar

You didn’t just link a quote by Martin Luther King and tried to compare it to this situation, gg

(not sure if part of the post you quoted – whoever did this is a mong)

How is this an arguement?

grimbar

Quoted from Mailbawx

[…]

How is this an arguement?

it’s not an argument, it’s exposing ignorant trolls.

croco

Some people have severe dificulties in understanding the difference between democracy and anarchy. This is why such crap happend.
English government simply showed that it can’t protect itself.
I would really like to see smth of this sort happening in Russia or Ukrain, just for you, snob English, to understand how that problem is supposed to be delt with.

Swarlz

Quoted from grimbar

[…]

it’s not an argument, it’s exposing ignorant trolls.

Grimbar, you’re a cunt

I’m amazed at the ignorance in this thread.

Last edited by Swarlz,

ashkan

Huge heated discussion with loads of insults, so time to lock.
rts, Dauk, Ramown and Swarlz get one day off for insults made after the warning.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8