Forum

Someone might have mentioned DNF

Created 13th June 2011 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

But in case it somehow slipped past the ones who might be interested, dnf is available at steam. Just a general FYI, if this has already been mentioned feel free to blast this thread to hell as it would just be a waste of perfectly good internet.

And no, dont ask me if it was any good as my optimistic outlook on life once again came to bite me in my arse as my pre-ww1 computer was unable to run the game satisfactory :)

Si^

T2P
[PG]

tbh I thought dnf meant something more interesting. :(

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Si^

tbh I thought dnf meant something more interesting. :(

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

for a second i thought it was about DF, dansk folkeparti

Played it through. It’s awful. Worth playing just so you can say that you’ve played it. Not worth money though.

RaCio

GoT²

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reviews/3541-Top-10-Things-Wed-Love-About-DNF-If-We-Were-12

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Couple of hours in – not a great game. Will try to plow through it.
Suppose most people are going to play it just because it’s Duke Nukem Forever(as I did)
If you’re unfamiliar with Duke and looking for a game to play, don’t bother with Forever. Duke Nukem 3D is better value. Then again, this is the internet and people pirate stuff so whatever in the end.

This is a good watch I suppose http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86vWgaLuwE

vaxjo

Hey dats!

Speaking of old school series, I hope Doom 4 will be actually good. At least id software will have a better track record assuming Rage will be good and imo Doom 3 wasn’t half bad either.

FADe

I was brought up on Duke3D. Was the first, or one of the first games my oldman introduced me to and I remember loving every second.
So 12 years down the line my expectations were obviously going to be high and I knew it’d have to be ‘game of the decade’ to even come close to the enjoyment I got out of playing one of if not the first FPS I ever touched.
I’ve read review after review that tears into the game and the people I have spoke to on my friends list about it also haven’t been impressed, pretty disappointed actually. Which is weird because 10+ hours into the game I’m loving it. Sure there’s highly annoying things like cod-style regen health and only being able to carry 2 weapons at a time which is so far removed from the Duke ethos it’s actually amazing Gearbox forgot or just plain decided not to include them. Just ain’t Duke! The humour is amazing though, they did a great job with infusing it into a sequel 2 decades apart from it’s predecessor – it really reminds me playing 3D as a kid.

I would reccomend this game to anyone, it’s not great but it’s a fucking good laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l9WbBfS6Ec

kuma

Quoted from FADe

I was brought up on Duke3D. Was the first, or one of the first games my oldman introduced me to and I remember loving every second.
So 12 years down the line my expectations were obviously going to be high and I knew it’d have to be ‘game of the decade’ to even come close to the enjoyment I got out of playing one of if not the first FPS I ever touched.
I’ve read review after review that tears into the game and the people I have spoke to on my friends list about it also haven’t been impressed, pretty disappointed actually. Which is weird because 10+ hours into the game I’m loving it. Sure there’s highly annoying things like cod-style regen health and only being able to carry 2 weapons at a time which is so far removed from the Duke ethos it’s actually amazing Gearbox forgot or just plain decided not to include them. Just ain’t Duke! The humour is amazing though, they did a great job with infusing it into a sequel 2 decades apart from it’s predecessor – it really reminds me playing 3D as a kid.

I would reccomend this game to anyone, it’s not great but it’s a fucking good laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l9WbBfS6Ec

Sounds good sparky boy, I’m in your boat but I’ll wait till it gets a bit cheaper.

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

I’m slightly confused by all the negative reviews, I’m not sure what they were expecting but I loved it! Planning on playing through it again in a few weeks as there are so many hidden rooms and little references to other games and movies that I can’t possibly of seen them all

Add A Reply Pages: 1