Forum

Brink

Created 8th May 2011 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 Next »

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

BrinkTV: http://www.thebrink.tv/

Keep an eye on this for when it comes out. They’ll be covering comp Brink straight from launch. By the looks of things it’ll be 5v5 and I think it’s very promising. See Enef’s post further up. Also as hykleri mentioned, you can set server limits so a promod will be likely if there’s anything particularly OP for comp involving a whitelist or somesuch.

I think complaining about “unlocks” is a little odd at this stage. Whitelist arguments aside, all the important skills will be there at character creation and weapon customisation is going to be highlight of the game imo with tactics based around loadouts and such being much less “game breaking” than in TF2 (inb4 someone bashes me for supporting vanilla, I’m not, I’m on the fence.)

Then you throw in body types (light/medium/heavy) which affect your health and agility (ability to navigate the world with SMART and jump/crouch/sprint) and you’ve got a wealth of features to draw your team builds and tactics from.

Back to the point, Splash Damage have put a ton of time into the PC version as it’s their main priority (what with the old school ET guys). Anybody complaining about the xbox gameplay vids, check out some PC ones, I think the HUD is lovely personally. If anything were to be a port, the console version would have been ported over from the PC with no aim assistance and such, a lot of console gamers having trouble aiming lol. But anyway, SD have said each version has had separate development.

No weapon kills you in one shot, and though aim will be important, teamwork is going to be a crap load more of a priority when playing to win. Not to mention the game has a whole bunch of neat features that specifically reward teamplay over rambo style gaming a la CoD or – some what lesser- BF.

Despite all this, it is *not* a TF2 killer. It’s a totally different game and anybody who draws comparisons, I’d love to see you go further than “herp derp class based lol”, TF2 didn’t invent classes and plays extremely differently. Objective based play in Brink is nothing like controlling CPs and sure a lot of people who enjoy TF2 might enjoy Brink but that doesn’t in any way mean they are the same game.

EDIT: Urgh sorry… Awful sentence structure everywhere, so tired from exams.

Last edited by Danzeru,

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from Septique

Have you guys found any good offers price wise

http://www.falconarmy.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=21&id=17517
Check this one out. Dunno if it still works but still better than $50

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Don’t think it’s gonna go huge. It sounds like a game that is build around a new game engine desgin. So that kinda makes me doubt the gameplay overall. We’ll see in 10 days.

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

Quoted from torden

What makes me the most skeptical is the fact that in the future, there’s no women, and everybody has really long faces :(

They had to scrap making models for female characters early in development to focus on other stuff (small development team) and though it makes me sad, I’m glad to see them focus on what’s important: gameplay. Who knows females may be in a future patch though I doubt it.

Aside from that, I love the art style personally! :D

Last edited by Danzeru,

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from hykleri

people crying about unlocks… You seriously don’t know about CoD4, do you? And there is an interview about the servers, and you can set lvl limits, upgrade/buff limits etc. etc.

So there are going to be options to make it comp, and if it is still not good enough, there is a big possibility of a promod.

but you can see here in tf2 that people are raping each other in the forums crying about unlocks and all that shit. And for what i have seen you can put more attachements on one gun then the whole tf2 game has to offer.

i think there will be some argues again.
and mvp will be init so im dodgin that game and wait for diablo3.

Last edited by IPZIE,

lork

cu in brink bitches!!!! woooooooo

Septique

Quoted from Jorman

[…]
http://www.falconarmy.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=21&id=17517
Check this one out. Dunno if it still works but still better than $50

Yeah it doesn’t, atleast for me. D2D is selling the game 29,95£ (~35eur) so I guess thats a decent deal. I can insert the code to steam and download it from there.

bpf

rockit

Quoted from IPZIE

[…]

but you can see here in tf2 that people are raping each other in the forums crying about unlocks and all that shit. And for what i have seen you can put more attachements on one gun then the whole tf2 game has to offer.

i think there will be some argues again.
and mvp will be init so im dodgin that game and wait for diablo3.

but still all brink weapons are build after real weapons and i dont see how a red dot attachement or a bigger magazine will be as gamechanging as stun weapons, boots that make you invincible for selfdamage or rocketlaunchers that make 1000 dmg on airhits…

Chux

guru
,(s),

Quoted from Skyride

and there has been no official reviews of the game released.

maybe because the game is not out yet ?

So far Splash Damage didnt get a game wrong. QW was a great game, but the comp scene didnt last because they tried to shape it into something it was not. W:ET is still being played in competition to this very day, so certain people are hyped for a reason.

Both previous games brought inovation as well as a ton of teamplay so I have high hopes that Brink will also turn out awsome as well.

Comp mode will be the same as the previous games, 2 maps StopWatch style, only the team size remains to be determined, hope 6v6 turns out to be the one.

D2D had an awsome deal this weekend, arround 22.50£. Not sure if the code still works though, give it a go and see: SCORCHIO25

EDIT: just shecked, still works.

Footage of the game so far was only on consoles. CoD kids giving it a go, attacking 3-4 guys head on and saying the game sux cause they die so quick and cant kill anything. I’ve seen some streaming as well, and they are just terrible but continue to trash the game.

So wait for the PC version and then be the judge.

Last edited by Chux,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Chux

D2D had an awsome deal this weekend, arround 22.50£. Not sure if the code still works though, give it a go and see: SCORCHIO25

Definitely worked for me about an hour ago.

Septique

Quoted from Chux

[…]D2D had an awsome deal this weekend, arround 22.50£. Not sure if the code still works though, give it a go and see: SCORCHIO25

Nice man it does! Thanks.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

If its fun in publics (like ET was) then i don’t give a shit how it plays in comp i’ll give it a go, same applies to BF3 tbh.

Darn

rockit like

single player is shit atleast. _SHIIIIIIT_

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Chux

maybe because the game is not out yet ?

Nah, it’s pretty standard for publishers to send copies to various gaming news outlets to put out reviews of the game before release.

So wait for the PC version and then be the judge.

I am, I just see a lot of hype about the game and bassically no evidence so far to merit it.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Danzeru

[…]

They had to scrap making models for female characters early in development to focus on other stuff (small development team) and though it makes me sad, I’m glad to see them focus on what’s important: gameplay. Who knows females may be in a future patch though I doubt it.

Aside from that, I love the art style personally! :D

Also seems at some point, they discovered the art style was too generic, so one had the great idea of stretching the face polygons. Hurray, now it doesn’t look anywhere near realistic anymore, Well done.

Other than that, the gameplay looks interesting enough, hope for a good co op!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 Next »