Forum

Brink

Created 8th May 2011 @ 22:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 Next »

Dekken

I do not understand this shitty game.
I shoot someone around 10 bullets ( 10 out of 40..iGotAim )
He does not die. he shoots me 2-3 bullets, I AM DEAD.
This happens to me every single time, wtf is this!?!$??T%#%G#FDEWDE

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Danzeru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBQqD8mv0XM&hd=1 this is beautiful. With things like mantle cancels and incredible walljumping, the SMART system – though not on par with some of the jumping mechanics from Quake and Tribes – still has huge potential if you think outside the box.

So he held the button and looked in different directions, then stopped holding the button?

KOVACS

Quoted from Danzeru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBQqD8mv0XM&hd=1 this is beautiful. With things like mantle cancels and incredible walljumping, the SMART system – though not on par with some of the jumping mechanics from Quake and Tribes – still has huge potential if you think outside the box.

Anyone could easily do this with a TF2 scout on that map? Not exactly huge potential when compared to several existing shooters, just cool in a very gimmicky way.

TFC had conc jumps and extremely fast paced movement. Wall jumping has been in Unreal Tournament games for years, Quake has strafe jumping, Tribes has the skiing mechanic and jetpacks. All of these games feature a rocket jump mechanic or equivalent(s).

The difference between these games listed and Brink is that the movement mechanics are completely integrated into combat whilst in Brink the SMART system is merely a means to get to a particular destination and rarely can be used as a tool to gain an advantage over opposition during direct combat. Sure you can slide and peak around corners, but that’s not exactly new by any stretch of the imagination either.

Have to say though that versatility in movement is almost always a good thing. Just a shame that everything gets slowed down when it comes to actually fighting other players.

Last edited by KOVACS,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Assassins Creed had a far superior movement system in terms of parkour and was released 14 November 2007

electro

Got Milk?

i hate the smart system, sometimes fails movement completely, 1st release of assassins creed had better movement handling
also feeling like this game just fails at the same shit as COD, nozoom headshot lucks

and i hate those goddamn bugs, fps drops to hell, suddenly no sound till the end of map, gamecrash, connections issues, no real gameservers available atm, with stable fps and ping

but in overall i have to admit, it could be a good competetive game, only if the devlopers keep up a good work

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from KOVACS

[…]

Anyone could easily do this with a TF2 scout on that map? Not exactly huge potential when compared to several existing shooters, just cool in a very gimmicky way.

TFC had conc jumps and extremely fast paced movement. Wall jumping has been in Unreal Tournament games for years, Quake has strafe jumping, Tribes has the skiing mechanic and jetpacks. All of these games feature a rocket jump mechanic or equivalent(s).

The difference between these games listed and Brink is that the movement mechanics are completely integrated into combat whilst in Brink the SMART system is merely a means to get to a particular destination and rarely can be used as a tool to gain an advantage over opposition during direct combat. Sure you can slide and peak around corners, but that’s not exactly new by any stretch of the imagination either.

Have to say though that versatility in movement is almost always a good thing. Just a shame that everything gets slowed down when it comes to actually fighting other players.

The movement in brink also doesn’t allow for any decent combat while in the movement animation. For example, in Quake you can still flick a railgun shot in there, in Brink thats virtually impossible. Brink just feels very clunky, the player doesn’t feel in control. Wall jumps worked better in UT3. Hell, the whole smart system doesn’t even help to dodge shit, because you know the enemy is stuck in a certain animation and you can hold down lmb and kill him…Fuck, I even use that pistol to just 2 shot everybody…can’t even miss cause everything is so fucking slow :D

Last edited by Koeitje,

Ramown

TIDS

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]

So he held the button and looked in different directions, then stopped holding the button?

The “SMART” system that everyone is raging at isn’t what it’s made out to be, It’s the sprint button, but as an added feature (for console players) it makes parkour easier, it doesn’t make you run on walls and stuff, it’ll makes you jump over low objects and slide under high ones.

Quoted from Vazzan

Assassins Creed had a far superior movement system in terms of parkour and was released 14 November 2007

Mad cuz shit.

I wasn’t too sure about this game then I bought it (:>) and tried it out myself and i’m enjoying it.

PS. Most the people on this thread like “HURR DURR SHIT BROKEN GAME” are the ones on my friends list like “IS IT GOOD?!?!??!?”

Last edited by Ramown,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Ramown

[…]

The “SMART” system that everyone is raging at isn’t what it’s made out to be, It’s the sprint button, but as an added feature (for console players) it makes parkour easier, it doesn’t make you run on walls and stuff, it’ll makes you jump over low objects and slide over high ones.

LOL yeah, makes you jump over obstacles for sure. I tried to get on some boxes near a ledge, but the game decided I should really keep going forward and fall of the ledge. Alt+f4’d right away.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

People are forgetting, it’s quicker to do most of the stuff manually than using SMART, SMART is just there for the people who cba to learn timings of jumping and crouching. Good players will do everything much quicker than your regular players.

dauk

yeah but the point was that that cool movement is only to gain positional advantage, in won’t affect real time combat since its only point and click.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from dauk

yeah but the point was that that cool movement is only to gain positional advantage, in won’t affect real time combat since its only point and click.

No airstrafing :((

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

No airstrafing :((

sounds like dauk’s ideal game

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Enef

People are forgetting, it’s quicker to do most of the stuff manually than using SMART, SMART is just there for the people who cba to learn timings of jumping and crouching. Good players will do everything much quicker than your regular players.

Then what’s the point in it? They should have just ditched it and maybe tried to make movement similar to warsow or cpma, make it easy for everyone to do the standard (with a bit of learning) and hard to take it to the next level.

Seems like a gimmick, just like controllable killstreaks in mw2.

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Even the source engine starts to feel good after this shit.

sickless

fnx.simrai

this game will be a bit good after they fix at least the ati compatibility

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 31 Next »