Forum

ETF2L Starcraft 2 Tournament!

Created 7th May 2011 @ 00:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Skyride

DUCS

Bo1 format is a bad idea because it allows people to get through with a lucky cheese. If they can beat someone with cheese twice, they probably deserve to win anyway.

hz

I vote for bo3. bo1 is going to be who is a better cheeser. Especially when the game is against high level and low level players.

FIR

SnG

So how do you guys want this? bo3 single or double elim?

FIR

SnG

Saturday, 1pm GMT/2pm CET fine? I’ll get down to sorting the placement brackets on friday night, and we’ll stick to bo3 :D

Mar

;?
TWIN

Quoted from Skyride

Bo1 format is a bad idea because it allows people to get through with a lucky cheese. If they can beat someone with cheese twice, they probably deserve to win anyway.

Inca vs Nada GSL May.

tesla

teSla#741 EU plat. Feel free to add via sc2/steam for practice.

FIR

SnG

sigh. bad news.

there isnt any point running (with full effort) something with just 5-6 people in it :(
guess the interest sorta died after people viewed it as a one off thing.
if you guys are still interested just hook up on that day and have a match :D

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Make it group matches this week, everyone v everyone. And keep trying, it’s sorta just before summer break so people are rather focused on studying than anything else.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Mar

[…]

Inca vs Nada GSL May.

“Probably”.

:(

FIR

SnG

im a bit busy myself, so this week i wont have much time to do much. exams next tuesday T.T so i’ve sorta postponed it (ie cancelled and remake next time) and if there’s few people, make it round robin.

dauk

looking for 2×2 guy, me gold/plat toss

hz

I had to attend a wedding last Saturday. Lets try again? Saturday generally sucks since most people like to take a break. Just host it on a weekday or Sunday.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from hz

I had to attend a wedding last Saturday. Lets try again? Saturday generally sucks since most people like to take a break. Just host it on a weekday or Sunday.

If you want it on weekdays, it would be a bo1. Not sure about Sunday, for some people it’s the same shit as Saturday.
Point is, you cannot please everyone, so either dictate a date or pick the most popular option. Just be definite about it.
Also, if you will apply this retarded (split)div mentality in this game, I’m going to rage very, very hard.

minimoose

exam periods = bad idea

freshmeatt

‹Con›

So my last test happens in 5 days and once July kicks in, I’m done with exams and studying for quite some time, also getting back to playing more consistently and often. As such, I propose that we revive the weekend tourney for ETF2L users, decide on some common, well-known tourney setup and see what happens.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8