Forum

Hey guys, can you please stop folding?

Created 2nd May 2011 @ 14:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 18 Next »

Moose

[MIPC]

Quite a few folds @ ESL this season as well. Most of these have nothing to do with ESL / ETF2L as leagues since the reason for them is teams folding or going inactive due to member issues or whatnot.

Of course, ETF2L’s premier division wouldn’t look like it currently does if it weren’t for the unlock situation.

xzr

Quoted from FIR

[…]

The premier teams in America can play with unlocks, and still adapt well, put on a show, create exciting games and pretty much do the basic stuff sonix mentioned above. Our premier teams are perfectly capable of doing it as well, if they had the heart to do it.

Unless people start to claim that Americans are noobs for using unlocks at all, not taking a leaf out of their book is the biggest case of elitism here.

TBFH the ESEA finals this weekend were fucking laughable. Apart from a few extrordinary players there really was nothing much to watch. Boring sitting around and faggoteering around with shitlocks.

And hell, people could easily adapt to play with unlocks, but why should they when vanilla is so much more fun. Vanilla pcws are becoming a standard on the higher level, so how about you stop crying over your shitqualizers and l2p. Yes, that does sound good.

Ghostface

spire

Fuck that shit. Let’s just all move to america and play in ESEA or whatever other leagues they have which allow most if not all unlocks. Screw Europe it’s full of vanillafags.

cy@

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I am a vanilla fan too, not because it tastes good for icecream together with chocolate. But because it makes the game understandable to outsiders at a higher level. Besides I still don’t see the contribution unlocks brings in pcw/match. They are hardly used (except equalizer) and some melee weapons.

On topic: The folding is normal for league standards. 5 in one division poule is alot, and this season is overshadowd by the unlock-discussion.

I really hope S10 is gonna celebrate TF2 once more. It would be nice to enjoy the ETF2L in its former glory. I miss that, and I know alot of top-players do too. And I prefer it with a vanilla taste :-)

Last edited by Andee,

Cooler

4Queens

Ok you have your shitlocks, Ghostface. Why don’t you invent crazy tactics and pwn everyone in your division? Oh, wait. ur team folded. gg.

Ghostface

spire

Still mad cause I didn’t trial you back then, Cooler?

What I mean to say is, stop acting like you’re some top player that’s awesome when infact you’re a shitnerd. Because you go all like “O VANILLA PREM SAY VANILLA LETS DUZIS” doesn’t mean you’re a better player or anything, or that you’re on par with prem players.

Just sayin’, if you guys really wanna be so thick-skulled that you don’t accept new things, then you can just keep banging your head against the wall and see who concedes first. Some unlocks are good, some are bad, which is why we don’t allow them all.

Hell, while we’re at it, let’s just ban medlocks entirely! Ubersaw is too op. Sneaky medics can get some nice % from a couple hits. And kritzkrieg is op also. Builds fast and you can just kill everyone with 1 sticky/rocket. Blutsauger is shit.

HERE’S A CONCEPT THAT WORKS. LET’S BAN UBER ENTIRELY! THAT WAY THE GAME WILL BE MORE FAST-PACED! No more waiting around for uber, no more “we have advantage let’s wait”, no more “they have advantage let’s get back”. Just solid “let’s get a pick or two and push in”. It even shows you who’s able to create more viable tactics, and who has the better DM.

…dumbasses. Do you really want TF2 to go down to this?

Last edited by Ghostface,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from xzr

[…]

It’s not that viable to swap classes in high level of play. But at times you can expect a smart opponent to switch a scout or sol into a demo if the demo just went down (While on defence)

It’s pretty much the same as switching a scout for a sniper. You might get caught with your pants down but if you can look at the situation from the opposing team’s side, you can anticipate what you are facing.

This has nothing to do with unlocks.

The part you quoted and agreed with stated that knowing the opponent’s ubercharge status is an important part of competitive TF2. The reason I was for the ban of the vitasaw is because it’s a passive unlock that alters this without your opponent knowing, meaning you can’t be exactly sure of what percentage uber your opponent is at. The same applies to swapping classes when your medic dies. Teams will push last assuming they have a 20% advantage, only to find out that their opponent swapped a player to medic and removed that advantage.

All the weapons have distinctive models and sound effects when used, meaning you can instantly tell (roughly) how much damage your opponent is going to do and what other effects their weapon will have on you / them. All you have to do is learn these effects.

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Ghostface

i’m an idiot

Fixed. Btw never asked you for a trial (: and yes i’m shitnerd asking for vanilla.

Last edited by Cooler,

Darn

rockit like

blablablabla. Prem plays at esl without unlocks, the ones who like em plays here at etf2l. Everything should be just fucking dandy.

Swarlz

I would just like to point out so much so as is to how the insightful does fall in the elevated state of etf2l and this so much reason is why the admin’s of once done before to inverted responsibility because of the hurtful bum cracks of half the population of TF2.

… The funny thing is – my argument made more sense than half the crap in this thread.

Ghostface

spire

Shame nobody’s gonna understand shit.

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Darn

blablablabla. Prem plays at esl without unlocks, the ones who like em plays here at etf2l. Everything should be just fucking dandy.

ok, i dont like unlocks and esl (wire, shit website, etc) either, do you have any solution?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Simple fact is this community is now split. No amount of arguing is going to change the fact that some want medlocks and some want cinnamon. The only thing we can do is agree to disagree and work out where to go from here.

It seems there is 2 options:

Option 1: Give in to cinnamon and have a vastly depleted top end.
Option 2: Give in to the top end players demands and go medlocks.

Seriously can we stop bitching about who is right and who is wrong as the answer is nobody. Both styles of the game have their merits and detractors.

The only thing to talk about now is what to do next. So please no more “unlocks this” and “unlocks that” and “esl this” and “etf2l that” it’s getting very boring.

pykow

People folding cuz they dont have time to play.
It doesnt mean they dont like the unlocks.
what’s the relation between Unlocks and folding teams ?
The teams agreed with the unlocks and join the season, But they are to busy with otherstuff and drop.

If we like Vanilla weapons, it doesnt mean we act like Pro’s.

xzr

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]
The part you quoted and agreed with stated that knowing the opponent’s ubercharge status is an important part of competitive TF2. The reason I was for the ban of the vitasaw is because it’s a passive unlock that alters this without your opponent knowing, meaning you can’t be exactly sure of what percentage uber your opponent is at. The same applies to swapping classes when your medic dies. Teams will push last assuming they have a 20% advantage, only to find out that their opponent swapped a player to medic and removed that advantage.

All the weapons have distinctive models and sound effects when used, meaning you can instantly tell (roughly) how much damage your opponent is going to do and what other effects their weapon will have on you / them. All you have to do is learn these effects.

Cheers for pretty much ignoring my post completely. Swapping medic is really rare in the higher games since you’ll be losing dm capability for a 10-20% ubercharge difference. Not really worth it.

You really overestimate the importance of the ubercharge in the game. Better teams can push even without it.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 18 Next »