Hey guys, can you please stop folding?

Created 2nd May 2011 @ 14:26

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 Next »

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Krakyn

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season7/rankings/

I bring your attention in particular to the farcical state of division 2a&b and the complete non-existence of a division 6. Doesn’t look to me like original medic unlocks only solves the horrible fold rate problem TF2 has had since always.

Thanks to Shrike410 for linking me the above, I couldn’t even find the tf2 section on esl let alone the league after googleing esl, was nice to see that the future of tf2 is so well promoted by those entrusted with it.

adding to your point in 2a:
Enro Griffin dropped
MIPC dropped
easy going dropped

for us (DStM) in esl it is hard to arrange games as teams are dropping or wildcarding every game. (not saying we dont wildcard just facts). But I don’t think ESL are fully to blame its more the community as a whole.

I think the problem is there is a divide and there is never gonna be an out come liked by every member of the community. But there as said there needs to be a set of rules and regulations set by every league across the board. Stuff like can I use this weapon? No because its wireplay is bs no one should need to ask these questions.

I don’t hate unlocks, but I hate the divide in our community. If vanilla is the way forward we should adapt or implement a system that works, hours of forum debating isn’t making this community progress.

.____________.

Just as a note, the above was in no way meant as an attack. Purely an observation. Back to the kitchen now.

Krakyn

rEJ

Quoted from .____________.

Just as a note, the above was in no way meant as an attack. Purely an observation. Back to the kitchen now.

Damn right you’ll go back to the kitchen, my strawberry tarts don’t cook themselves as you well know.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Some very fascinating arguments coming from this shit-storm, Some that have even made me look different about the whole unlocks debate. :D

I would love to indulge into some logical debate but it seems as if people of my tf2-skill status gets disregarded as knowing nothing. Shame ):

alfa

fast five is a pretty good movie

FIR

SnG

Quoted from TurboTabs

I would love to indulge into some logical debate but it seems as if people of my tf2-skill status gets disregarded as knowing nothing. Shame ):

Nothing stops you from voicing out your own opinion of the current matters. It’s not as if TF2 skill levels determine who you are or what your stand on any matter is. It’s a community thing, not a place for elitism to be bred.

Oxy

TC.Express

I play TF2 for fun and at the end of the day teams will always drop mid-season as there is no proper way of punishing them as it would be difficult to decide who to blame.

Just play the game for fun and stop complaining about unlocks/maps/teams folding.

Last edited by Oxy,

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Krakyn

[…]

You’re a strawberry tart…

Last edited by Gubbins,

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from FIR

[…]

Nothing stops you from voicing out your own opinion of the current matters. It’s not as if TF2 skill levels determine who you are or what your stand on any matter is. It’s a community thing, not a place for elitism to be bred.

Quoted from Cooler

[…]
Excuse me, who else than you is asking for pissshit?
imo become at least div1, then talk about new possibilities(but 1. i dont think your gonna become div1, 2. no1 will listen to you like nowadays)
kkthxbb

Not the case.

I understand nothing is stopping me but why waste typing out stretches of logical or thought provoking text when at the very least there’s going to be people who go “lolol div6/5/4/3/2/1, no’s nothin bout comp tf2”

Last edited by TurboTabs,

FIR

SnG

Quoted from TurboTabs

I understand nothing is stopping me but why waste typing out stretches of logical or thought provoking text when at the very least there’s going to be people who go “lolol div6/5/4/3/2/1, no’s nothin bout comp tf2”

That shit will always happen, and most of the time it’ll come out from people playing in far lower divisions (read: hypocrites). If you structure your statement out properly (assuming some people actually read past the first paragraph) then at least some proper debate can start, keeping in mind that it’s unbiased (the moment you go pro unlocks, your opinions will instantly be deemed worthless from what I’ve seen here).

alfa

Is ETF2L getting worse every season?

Last edited by alfa,

stuntz

Quoted from alfa

Is ETF2L getting worse every season?

No, just this one :D

Anathema

Quoted from FIR

[…]

That shit will always happen, and most of the time it’ll come out from people playing in far lower divisions (read: hypocrites).

Are you actually joking? Did you really just say that?
So the people who realize they’re not experts are hypocrites? You apparently don’t even know what the word means.

The argument has never been ‘Is vanilla better for competitive tf2?’. The answer to that is obvious.
The only thing worth discussing is whether ETF2L still wishes to be a competitive league.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Anathema

[…]

Are you actually joking? Did you really just say that?
So the people who realize they’re not experts are hypocrites? You apparently don’t even know what the word means.

It holds true whenever people put on a facade and go “get on my div1/prem level then talk”, which is something I notice so many people do, majority of whom say it aren’t in div1/prem. If that isn’t hypocrisy, then find a better word for it.

There is a fine line between realizing you’re not an expert and pretending to be an expert.

Absolute

DICK MEASURING COMPETITION COMMENCE!

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 Next »