Forum

Team Fortress 2 wont launch (Might be after i installed Assassin's Creed BH)

Created 22nd March 2011 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Hello everybody

I’ve never had this problem before yesterday, when i installed Assassin’s creed brotherhood.

Yesterday i bought Assassin’s creed brotherhood and played it a little bit. Today, steam have been crashing for me many times, and 30 mins ago when i was about to play TF2, my game wouldent launch. It was stuck at the message “Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2”. It was not like the window froze, the game just dosen’t want to launch.

I’ve deleted clientregistrery.blob, that didden’t do it, so if anyone got an idea on what to do, i would appricate it!

Thanks

Wabbeh

Have you downloaded the latest update? I remember when steam did that to me because it didnt dl an update :( although I cant remember how to fix it sorry :x

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

I’m quite sure i’ve downloaded the latest update. Thanks for the help tho.

It’s the same when i try to launch games like CS:S or DoD:S.

tesco

mrp.

try verifying the game cache files

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

I can’t, my steam freezes and crashes when i’m trying to.

Bonkers

DELETE EVERYTHING

manual defrag by applying magnets

tesco

mrp.

then delete the gcf files, maybe, so it has to redownload everything

AnimaL

Quoted from tesco

then delete the gcf files, maybe, so it has to redownload everything

gcf files dont need redownloading… just verifying content is enough to make sure they are 1:1 to original

iSmekk

LS

You’re not running ATI tray tools by any chanse? Same problem with my steam yesterday. Google chrome wouldnt even launch through steam.

tesco

mrp.

@animal
yeah, but he said, he can’t do that, his steam crashes

Last edited by tesco,

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

I’m not running ATI tray tools.

I could make a backup of my steamapps, and then reinstall steam?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]gcf files dont need redownloading… just verifying content is enough to make sure they are 1:1 to original

It should be, ye, but I’m afraid it isn’t always, or at least so it seemed in a problem I had a while ago. My CSS launched but then immediately crashed with an error. Eventually fixed it by deleting some files in the hl (hl2?) folder. You could try that I guess (won’t hurt either way – steam will redownload them).

When I’m home tonight I’ll have a look and tell you which folders/files it were exactly.

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

I made a backup of my steamapps folder, uninstalled steam, and installed it agian. That did the trick.

Thanks for the help!

Add A Reply Pages: 1