Forum

Good headsets??

Created 31st January 2011 @ 09:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

nvc

sennheiser pc350 for lan (hd595 headphones with just about studio quality microphone and closed design, closed design makes them crappy for music and lose most of the awesomeness of the 595’s).

sennheiser pc360 for home (hd595 headphones with just about studio quality microphone and open design, open design makes them rock for music just like the 595’s, but unlike the 350’s it doesn’t really block out any sound atall).

cya

Last edited by nvc,

kuma

Quoted from naMu

[…]
One good thing about headphones are that most people keep them really well and resell them in ebay's and such. Usually headphones are like fine wine, they get better during time.

dunno if i would buy second hand personally… years of nerd sweat and the possibility of yeti ears doesn’t appeal to me

Johnny Jackal

Give Beyerdynamic DT770 a try, wont be disappointed!

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from nvc

sennheiser pc350 for lan (hd595 headphones with just about studio quality microphone and closed design, closed design makes them crappy for music and lose most of the awesomeness of the 595’s).

sennheiser pc360 for home (hd595 headphones with just about studio quality microphone and open design, open design makes them rock for music just like the 595’s, but unlike the 350’s it doesn’t really block out any sound atall).

cya

Actually 350’s are like HD280, but loses a bit on overall sound quality.
360’s are indeed like HD595 now that I think about it. Possibly closer to HD555 what are not really bad phones either.

Anathema

@dauk; the HD555 is the same as the 595 if you apply a mod. If you’re interested in the 595’s but reluctant to pay the full price that could be a solution, I believe they’re like 30-40pounds cheaper

caned

MEAT
LEGO

I’m gonna trust you and go with the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro naMu (seen as I have no fucking idea what to look for and you seem to know your stuff).

:D

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from caned

I’m gonna trust you and go with the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro naMu (seen as I have no fucking idea what to look for and you seem to know your stuff).

Best idea ever would be to test them first in shop’s. Usually you find these headphones only in good music stores and they have (at least in nordics) really good setups for testing. Also try the other models I mentioned since they are known for their awesome bass qualities, but everyones head and ears are different.

wat

Audio Technica AD700 and that 20€ Logitech Desktop Mic.

dunno if Audiophiles recommend it, but i kept hearing it’s good for gaming so i got a pair.

and damn they’re comfy

Edd

T2P

Quoted from caned

i tried toby’s ones at lan, i reccomend

Lucian

i just got siberia v2 for christmass (was considering all those factors) and they cost about 75 euro…extremely comfy, even for the prolonged hours… they cancel out most of the external sounds even without turning volume knob to maximum, hell i even wear them to work while walking – i listen to my music from the phone. sound is rich and bass is colorful. i am very satisfied.
though, i got recommendations for senhaisers and for audio technica as teh budget solution from an audiophile friend. i am still happy.

Skyweb

Quoted from octochris

[…]

ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

really like the constructive comment there…

its one of the best ive had. beast of a bass, very comfortable. only downside for me is that the wire is not to my liking.. just a normal one. would want a braided T_T

Cloud

.wldcrd!

So for us people with less money (and who are less audiophile)
What’s decent for less than £60, but better than the HD201s?
Disregard mics, clip ons work great, and gaming headsets tend to be bad anyway.

Last edited by Cloud,

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

with 60£ you can get pretty good “audiophile” headphones also. Here is few examples (links go to UK pricerunner since i had to check how much they cost)

Sennheiser HD555
Shure SRH440
Sony MDR V600
JVC HA RX700

Nothing else comes to my mind right now with that price range, but all of the above are really good bang for the buck.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Hat

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/headsets/steelseries-siberia/

had these 2 and a half years and they still work perfectly, perfect mic quality and fantastic sound and what makes them even better is the fact that you can wear them for hours and they are still comfortable

they also make you look like a really cool gamer

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »