Forum

Guildwars players get in here!

Created 8th January 2011 @ 15:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Anathema

Played well over 1000 hours.
Never got into competitive PvPing, did some of the factions pvp.
Most of my time was spent running people through all of Tyria for free.
Don’t ask me why, but I quite enjoyed doing that :)

Defur

Does guild wars have a monthly fee?
Also, what’s the main diffrences between this and wow?, im not very good with MMO’s

I was planning on getting it some time ago, dunno why I didnt tho’

Teapot

eureka

been a long time since i played gw. was planning to reinstall it again just to get hom points for gw2.

if ya want to add me, character name: toxic teapot

Last edited by Teapot,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Defur

Does guild wars have a monthly fee?
Also, what’s the main diffrences between this and wow?, im not very good with MMO’s

I was planning on getting it some time ago, dunno why I didnt tho’

No, you pay for the game (and optionally its expansions) and that’s it.

The main difference between GW and other MMOs is that guild wars focuses more on skill than on time and effort put in. The highest level a character can achieve is 20, and it’s not even hard to get there. You can equip no more than 8 skills (spells, attacks, etc), which forces you to balance things out and play in groups because you can’t equip 8 skills that will work in every situation.

Defur

Ooooo that sounds nice might be getting it then :D

JimmyB

FNR!

Quoted from Nmx

[…]

haha, same. I played it for 1 month. :D

same. Twas a good game though but Im more of a PvE-guy.

arc

iSlam

PvE and Titles in general are all about time and effort put in, although the campaigns can be played through in very short time.

PvP on the other hand isn’t what it used to be. Everyone is running meta builds and you will be forced to run them too.

minimoose

Quoted from Defur

Ooooo that sounds nice might be getting it then :D

I think it’s pretty dead now, wait for Guild Wars 2. It was impossible to do PvE last time I installed it anyway since no one was on it.

Last edited by minimoose,

Anathema

Yeah do not get Guild Wars, it’s a desolate wasteland now (((

tf2 is dead

i was pretty sure i was gonna get gw2 last year, im not so sure anymore

Last edited by tf2 is dead,

The problem with Guild Wars is the initial time investment is huge before you can really do anything fun (need to unlock skills, heroes, etc.), and the game is kind of boring in normal mode by yourself.

Anathema

Quoted from Sheridyn

The problem with Guild Wars is the initial time investment is huge before you can really do anything fun (need to unlock skills, heroes, etc.), and the game is kind of boring in normal mode by yourself.

I couldn’t disagree with you more.
In other MMOs you need to literally grind for dozens of hours until you can have any fun. (instances)
Guild Wars was fun right off the bat for me. You don’t really need to grind at all.
I do agree that playing by yourself is pretty dull. (but then again aren’t all MMORPGs?)

RaCio

GoT²

Played it a looooong time ago

Will definately check out gw2

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sheridyn

For PvP you can buy all the skills and weapons etc for a small fee so there’s no such thing as a need to grind.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I played it for about a year, then I got bored because the PvE side pretty much died with the addition of Heroes and stuff (everyone just solo’d all the missions). And I never was too much into the PvP aspect of it either, so eh.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »