Forum

Ultimate Gaming Computer?

Created 24th December 2010 @ 20:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

vani

Bully

So now its Christmas and Ive gotten a wonderfull present – I’ll get a PC of my choice with the maximum budget 2 500 euro / 2120 pound.

I dont have a problem building it, but I could use some tips on what hardware to investigate in.

Any tips?

LikeThis

Spend half of that on the pc, the other half on booze and hookers.

Destrutor

Quoted from LikeThis

+1

-HaviT-

-=Crazy=-

Quoted from LikeThis

this this man a beer, he is a genious

octochris

(0v0)

Hate threads like this.

You should never spend more than ~£800 on a computer you will use for gaming — anything more and you are just buying high-end hardware that won’t be “high-end” in a few years, and will have dropped in price substantially. You’d be better to buy a £600 PC and upgrade it component by component than blow all your money on one now and have to upgrade parts when the next big thing comes out.

You can’t futureproof a computer, so don’t try.

Last edited by octochris,

LikeThis

Go find the thread that admirable made with almost the same question a month ago or so, it’ll have all your answers. I’m too lazy to find it myself. brb wow

Cloud

.wldcrd!

I’m going to be massively lazy, and take a gamble that bit tech are still reliable:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2010/11/03/pc-hardware-buyer-s-guide-november-2010/3

“Enthusiast Overclocker” spec sheet from their buyers guide was a good bet last time I looked at them, and scanning it now still seems to be

vani

Bully

Quoted from octochris

Hate threads like this.

You should never spend more than ~£800 on a computer you will use for gaming — anything more and you are just buying high-end hardware that won’t be “high-end” in a few years, and will have dropped in price substantially. You’d be better to buy a £600 PC and upgrade it component by component than blow all your money on one now and have to upgrade parts when the next big thing comes out.

You can’t futureproof a computer, so don’t try.

What should I get for 800~ pound?

AnimaL

Quoted from vani

[…]

What should I get for 800~ pound?

i5 / 6GB DDR3 / 460GTX / 600W PSU… hf

read this: http://etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-14966/page-2/?recent=260407#post-260407

Last edited by AnimaL,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]i5 / 6GB DDR3 / 460GTX / 600W PSU… hf

sounds about right

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]i5 / 6GB DDR3 / 460GTX / 600W PSU… hf

read this: http://etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-14966/page-2/?recent=260407#post-260407

altough i would go for something around 800-850W PSU instead. so that you got yourself covered some years without spending too much money.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

altough i would go for something around 800-850W PSU instead. so that you got yourself covered some years without spending too much money.

PSUs die easy (lots of moving components and reliance on placement, coils and the like). Don’t buy more wattage for no reason.

Haunter

Asus P6T Deluxe v2
I7 950
GTX 580
Corsair HX-1000W
Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB
6GB DDR3 1600mhz cl6

that would cost u like 1500€, get a good watercooling system and case for 700€ and overclock that cpu to 4.5ghz, get a 120hz monitor for 300€, and here u go 2500€ :D

Last edited by Haunter,

LikeThis

Make £700 pc, donate rest to etf2l div6 prize pool.

vani

Bully

Thanks a lot!

Going to order

Motherboard – MSI P55A Fuzion
RAM – Corsair 6GB (3x2048MB)
PSU – 850 W
GPU – GTX 580
HDD – 1 TB
SSD – 60 GB
Cooling – Zalman CNPS-10X Extreme

The only concern I have is