Forum

LERN ENGILS WIT SPIEK

Created 13th December 2010 @ 15:21

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 Next »

Quoted from octochris

[…]

irony

Then funny thing is, when I wrote that message, I knew you’d comment on it.

I think I’ll try to get a job as a fortuneteller because of this. Plus I can tell the exact time when CoD: BLOPS will crash for me (all the time that is).

trams

-><-

I doesnt like this thread, alot.

Norris

oh hi

Skyride

DUCS

Language is used to convey information and ideas. Sure its nice if the grammar is bang on perfect, but there really isn’t any “proper” English. “Proper English” today is massively different from “Proper English” 100 years ago, and 100 years prior to that and so on.

As long as the reader gets your point, it’s good enough.

laerin

-9w-

I would say to have ‘good english’, it’s better to have sentences that are structured and flow well rather than sentences that are grammatically correct.

Quoted from Skyride

As long as the reader gets your point, it’s good enough.

Not if you don’t wish to alienate your readers or look like an illiterate jackass, no.

The other day I saw someone on youtube spell “immense” as “ammence”, and after I finally managed to figure out what s/he meant, I formed a very clear opinion of their level of education and intellect. Assuming one doesn’t mind that, go right ahead, mis-spell all over the place, but don’t expect people to take you seriously.
I left several guilds/clans in the past where the leaders were entirely incapable of typing a single sentence without any mistakes, it drives me nuts. It’s like taking the bus/subway without brushing your teeth in the morning or taking a shower. And these people breed, it makes me sad. I could go on about “society” abandoning all sorts of “values” fast, but to what end?

There are no excuses for not re-reading a post, not using spell-check, etc. These sort of people are goat-molesting hillbillies to me, no matter how you try to justify it. I will switch over to speaking spanish instead once someone decides it is now “proper” to use “your” for everything.

Spike Himself

TC

This thread is derailing! None of that “hurr but they can understand what it means riight?” bullshit please <3

Thread title.

Now come forth, aspiring rapists of the English language!

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

[…]
Not if you don’t wish to alienate your readers or look like an illiterate jackass, no.

The other day I saw someone on youtube spell “immense” as “ammence”, and after I finally managed to figure out what s/he meant, I formed a very clear opinion of their level of education and intellect. Assuming one doesn’t mind that, go right ahead, mis-spell all over the place, but don’t expect people to take you seriously.
I left several guilds/clans in the past where the leaders were entirely incapable of typing a single sentence without any mistakes, it drives me nuts. It’s like taking the bus/subway without brushing your teeth in the morning or taking a shower. And these people breed, it makes me sad. I could go on about “society” abandoning all sorts of “values” fast, but to what end?

There are no excuses for not re-reading a post, not using spell-check, etc. These sort of people are goat-molesting hillbillies to me, no matter how you try to justify it. I will switch over to speaking spanish instead once someone decides it is now “proper” to use “your” for everything.

I’m not so sure why it gets to you so much, seems like your making mountains out of molehills to me.

Mads2

eureka

Imma juzt gunnaa say it out looud!11 RU_DRUNKM8?

Nah actually I agree with Spike but I take more lightly on online english than on essay english… Actually Spike please teach me how to use commas ):

Last edited by Mads2,

Norris

[…]

facepalm 9000

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

i donnut get this treat very good.. me likes spelling rong and are funnie.

Quoted from ilike2spin

I’m not so sure why it gets to you so much, seems like your making mountains out of molehills to me.

Oh you…did you just….o-ho-ho, trololo!

Quoted from Norris

[…]
facepalm 9000

Fuck off

safety

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Mads2

Imma juzt gunnaa say it out looud!11 RU_DRUNKM8?

Nah actually I agree with Spike but I take more lightly on online english than on essay english… Actually Spike please teach me how to use commas ):

Write your sentence. Go do something else. Come back to read your sentence. If it sounds wrong, add commas where you’d pause in speech.

“I helped my Uncle jack off a horse”
“I helped my Uncle, Jack, off a horse”

Quoted from ilike2spin

seems like your making

You best be trolling.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Norris

[…]
Oh you…did you just….o-ho-ho, trololo!

[…]
Fuck off

safety

Oh and I was just about to call you Agent Gwendolyn :>

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from Spike Himself

Rule #5: Colour. Yes, Valve couldn’t spell it right either.

Americanisms :(

I bin speakin english since i were fokin born like, but i still make a shitload of grammatical errors. not that im illiterate, just that i don’t care.

i got the perfect forums for you, spike. http://www.englishforums.com/

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 Next »