Forum

LERN ENGILS WIT SPIEK

Created 13th December 2010 @ 15:21

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »

Imperium

Quoted from Spike Himself

Only Americans -due to their competitive nature- battle to see who can care the least.

Either;
Only Americans, due to their competitive nature, battle to see who can care the least.
or,
Only Americans – due to their competitive nature – battle to see who can care the least.
1st one is preferable

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Do you sell sea shells by the sea shore?

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGz6NdLBF2Y

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I believe the person who wrote that is a gurl.

Spike Himself

TC

Ah, progress! People are learning already!

And thanks Neus :)

Quoted from F2

[…]

Shouldn’t it be “If the text below offends you”?

I’ll agree that it sounds slightly awkward but it is not technically incorrect.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

You should go to youtube with you’re fancy grammer becuz their is noone der who can spell rediculus wright.

On a more serious note, grammar on the internets is appaling for sure, but a vast majority of native english speakers are white trash so trying to teach or even interest them in bettering their language skills is to cast pearls before swine. I look forward to your letters.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Fluffy Meowington

On a more serious note, grammar on the internets is appaling for sure, but a vast majority of native english speakers are white trash so trying to teach or even interest them in bettering their language skills is to cast pearls before swine. I look forward to your letters.

That’s exactly why it’s so amusing. It is their native language! For me it is my second. I’m merely a simple college guy (albeit a graduated one with a job). I studied IT, not even English. My English grades were only slightly above average. Nothing special at all. Heh.

But it’s not only the “white trash” that utterly fails to construct a sentence or spell a word. I’ve seen mails from my company’s IT department (based in the UK) signed by names which are followed by two or three titles (to make themselves look important and clever), filled with the stupidest of mistakes.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

jackkai

8D

Spike is a par.

Quoted from Spike Himself

That’s exactly why it’s so amusing. It is their native language! *Snip*

It’s indeed interesting how the majority (seems so at least) of native english speakers doesn’t put a single thought into their grammar. I’m a finnish kid yet I still get the “lol i though your english cos you speak better than most of my english firends” a bunch.

Wonders of life.

Sisu

:id:

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

[…]

It’s indeed interesting how the majority (seems so at least) of native english speakers doesn’t put a single thought into their grammar. I’m a finnish kid yet I still get the “lol i though your english cos you speak better than most of my english firends” a bunch.

Wonders of life.

You’re*
And this has to be in chat only, i mean on steam, not on mubmle right?
Because u got a thick finnish accent bro :D

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Hey Spike, how do I english?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

native english speakers doesn’t put a single thought into their grammar

irony

Mike

TEZC

in russia, offensive text is below you! )

Last edited by Mike,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Spoken language features integral to internet discourse. Standard grammar and informality not expected.

(Fuck, I just read that in Mordin’s voice. Need to lay off the ME2…)

Quoted from Sisu

[…]

You’re*
And this has to be in chat only, i mean on steam, not on mubmle right?
Because u got a thick finnish accent bro :D

I know. That’s why I don’t enjoy talking on Mumble :( I really don’t like the accent…

Last edited by Tommy Testosterone,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 16 Next »