Forum

Hey there, I have a drum cover for you

Created 23rd October 2010 @ 09:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

d0llar

Hey everyone, I hope you remember me doing the last drum cover of tf2 theme song :P

There’s a new drum cover now, no relation to tf2, its arctic monkeys – the view from the afternoon, let me know what you guys think, rate and comment if you want :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G70AJETblhI

hope you’ll enjoy, have a good day.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Very nice keep it up ^_^ but yeah you need to save up for some new drums! :]

d0llar

I’m serving the army right now, so I don’t have lots of income coming in, sad as it’s, no new drum kit will come anytime soon…

nophantasy

FRAGGA`s

liked it :)

strut

-=Crazy=-

Hehe nice hihat+bass independence I really liked that part.

You might wanna try letting the stick bounce off the snare a bit more freely, it saves you effort and makes a crisper sound (less of a snare “crunch” sound on fills). Really good tho.

myNax

nice one! especially as Arctic Monkeys is rather difficult to cover on the drums!

d0llar

Quoted from strut

Hehe nice hihat+bass independence I really liked that part.

You might wanna try letting the stick bounce off the snare a bit more freely, it saves you effort and makes a crisper sound (less of a snare “crunch” sound on fills). Really good tho.

thank you for the compliment thats one..
second thing about the bounce-technique, I’m training bout it every day, by jojo-mayer dvd, really making an effort there, but when I’m uploading a video to youtube I wanna gonna as high as I can go with a song that I can perform perfectly, and I don’t regret on this for a sec.

dougiie

CotC

tune up those tom’s :)

but nice cover anyways

LUPUS

Hate the stick spinning. The playing is very solid though! A new kit would be nice, but this was pretty sick. Keep it up!
Also you always look like you’re having a lot of fun, its a small thing but it makes all the difference tbh.

Last edited by LUPUS,

strut

-=Crazy=-

Yeah you look like you’re having fun which makes it more enjoyable for the audience.

N/A

RaWr ::

nice druming brah

d0llar

Quoted from dougiie

tune up those tom’s :)

but nice cover anyways

buying myself some new leathers(thats how you say that in english? no clue), after that I promise I tune these babies up.

Thank you for all the comments so far, I’ll keep on responding nextime I’ll be online(army break time).

strut

-=Crazy=-

Watched your Toxicity cover, really good, it’s a hard song for timing (you know the parts I mean hehe)

The snare in the middle section is a beat late (played where the bass drum should be played right after the snare)

KEY
– = don’t play
b = bass
s = snare
c = cymbal played on every “1” at the start of each triplet

triplets 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3
strikes b – b S b – b – b S b –
cymbal C – – C – – C – – C

Helps if you count in triplets 123123123123

Last edited by strut,

d0llar

Quoted from strut

Watched your Toxicity cover, really good, it’s a hard song for timing (you know the parts I mean hehe)

The snare in the middle section is a beat late (played where the bass drum should be played right after the snare)

KEY
– = don’t play
b = bass
s = snare
c = cymbal played on every “1” at the start of each triplet

triplets 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3
strikes b – b S b – b – b S b –
cymbal C – – C – – C – – C

Helps if you count in triplets 123123123123

yea I know I messed up there, now I can do it perfectly, someday I’ll do a remake to all my videos :D

d0llar

Quoted from LUPUS

Hate the stick spinning. The playing is very solid though! A new kit would be nice, but this was pretty sick. Keep it up!
Also you always look like you’re having a lot of fun, its a small thing but it makes all the difference tbh.

this is part of my drumming, doing it because it makes me happy, hope you didn’t get that as a “showoff” move, because its not what I’m intending to do.

Add A Reply Pages: 1