Forum

Need some Games

Created 17th October 2010 @ 15:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

So I had a meeting with a producer from Sony and I realised that I don’t have the games knownlegde that I need. For example in his interview he was asked to name 3 games that were forcely letterboxed because of the differnece between PAL and NTSC, because of this I want some steam games that are varied and non-main steam and provide an interesting content, they do not have to be indie but as i said better the be reltavily unknown.

LikeThis

Mirror’s Edge

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

A. very mainsteam.

B. Clocked it already. (Yes I am the only perosn who still uses that term.)

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

red orchestra? :)

Waebi

‹Con›

plants vs zombies.

Skyride

DUCS

Just out of interest, what is this for?

There’s plenty of really awesome unknown games kicking about, but the majority of them are very much aimed at casual gamers.

Anyway, I’d suggest looking at minecraft. Its a massive piece of absolutely buggy as fuck shit with graphics only marginally better than a Nintendo 64, but its fantastically fun and a really interesting concept. I don’t even want to know how many hours of my life I’ve thrown at that game in the last 3 weeks.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

If I ever want to become a producer the two things to told me was you need to be prepared to work fuckign hard and a good game knowledge is useful. So i am looking for a wide range of games. Prefferably on steam.

dannye

cb.

Quoted from Skyride

graphics only marginally better than a Nintendo 64.

Nintendo 64 has pretty good graphics, so you’re mistaken it with something else.

nvc

are you joking?

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from nvc

are you joking?

Mark

Phase

Quoted from CrashSite

So I had a meeting with a producer from Sony and I realised that I don’t have the games knownlegde that I need. For example in his interview he was asked to name 3 games that were forcely letterboxed because of the differnece between PAL and NTSC, because of this I want some steam games that are varied and non-main steam and provide an interesting content, they do not have to be indie but as i said better the be reltavily unknown.

Try every game that was released before the N64 (including most PS1 and Saturn games).

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

errr… so back to some good games?

kuma

If you really want to be a producer, don’t get caught up in “good” vs “bad” games. Play them all, and then you decide and note down what factors make the game “good” or “bad”.

Last edited by kuma,

Skyride

DUCS

One thing I’d say, is that you do not want to become a game developer. It is literally the most difficult, soul-sucking job imaginable.

http://ask.slashdot.org/story/10/10/06/0438203/Best-Education-Path-To-Learn-Video-Game-Programming

Have a read through the comments there. Slashdot as a community are typically horrifically biased as the majority of them are a bunch of elitist PC nerds, but the insightful points made are usually never too far from the the truth.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

By good I meant interesting, either that they ahvea very good USP, or they r so bad they highlight what is done wrong. Just wondering if anyone knew any games that I should play.

I want to become a producer as although it requires a lot of late nights and hard work and in crunch time is fuckign toruture, i love games so mucha and I like manageing people it is sometihng I would like to do.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »