Xabi

Interesting read. Keep it up man :)

josku

i killed u in dm

/thread

WildCard

Quoted from Liulin

[…]
So gaining an advantage over others just because you have “friends” is a good thing in your eyes? Let’s say you lose your chance to join a university because somebody knows all the teachers? We have a nice word for this in our language, too bad I can’t translate it to English.
And yes, I am jealous, but still, I stand to my point that anybody in his place with some FPS experience could have achieved the same, and it’s nothing to boast about.

#tf2mentor ;)

randa

Quoted from Arcadizz1e

[…]

wow thats about the most childish worstly thought out thing i think i have ever read. no, not more than about 4 of my friends, countless people, theres well more than 4 people posted in just this thread, let alone people who dont read it and post and those that tell me they liked it through other mediums. you think for a second your opinion is unbiased, i think any child over the age of 5 could tell you were loaded before you even saw the thread. why act like your opinion matters more than anyone elses in here, how is everyone else biased? or do you mean they are all my friends? because it would appear from a quick scan thats 80% of the positive feedback is from strangers.

and wow i think the most help ive had from friends was josh watching a demo for 5 or 10 minutes and telling me to aim better. ive learnt fuck all from anyone else, just watched demos, played some pickups and sat on deathmatch. if you actually knew me you would know how stupid that comment sounded.

and if you actually read what i’ve written, you would see that im not bigging myself up, im not fucking writing about how good i am, its so obvious with some of these flames that the writer didnt even read it because i steer well clear of talking about any skill til the end. I just talk about what im experiencing because thats something that other people might find interesting or relate to.

i really cannot believe you posted that lmao

lol.

rtan

-9w-

what the hell is this. Good on you for playing a better game and the best class, but really, are you wanting people to stroke your epeen cos you got a few kills in div5 mixes? anyways gl, hope i get to play you some time!

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Liulin

[…]
So gaining an advantage over others just because you have “friends” is a good thing in your eyes? Let’s say you lose your chance to join a university because somebody knows all the teachers? We have a nice word for this in our language, too bad I can’t translate it to English.
And yes, I am jealous, but still, I stand to my point that anybody in his place with some FPS experience could have achieved the same, and it’s nothing to boast about.

But you didn’t loose your chance to get good at a game because you think he got good with the help from a few friends, so that doesn’t work.
Anyone could get just as good as he could with a bit of effort and no help its just about knowing how to get better and going about it the right way, coming from a decent level of CSS he’s already going to know these things and will already have alot of the stuff he needs naturally to play scout (aim, a bit of gamesense applying across the two games etcetc).

To me it looks like you’re in a way crying because you think he’s trying to say he’s better than you or something, but that’s just how I look at it, and that’s my opinion.

Liulin

I don’t think he ever wanted to say he was better than somebody, it’s just the slight taste of ” lol look what i achieved for 14 days lol “.Still, even though it can’t be proved, I believe that someone by himself, without any experience at tf2 whatsoever and only having good aim because of another game can’t progress to div4 mixes in the matter of 2 weeks, no matter his effort, intelligence, aim or what the fuck else.Just look at how many cheaters there were in lower divisions, who in spite of their triggerbots or aimbots never really got that good at playing scout.

Whow, i found the idea of posting your improvement interesting but when i saw the wall of text i just went “tl;dr”.

randa

“2 years is too long a ban length especially considering the policy would be probably be more lenient if Stalin bought etf2l. 2 years effectively ends a players comp career because of the league monopoly etf2l has. A year gives them a chance to reflect on what they’ve done, regret it, and then reform.
As for boomeh, why be hating on him getting his ban length reduced. I agree that there should be a fixed penalty or say a year, or even 3 seasons. However boomeh firstly admitted what he had done, secondly he has made a positive contribution to the community over the length of his ban. What he has not done is been a complete faggot about getting banned (not to name names). I would go as far as too say maybe all hacking bans should be reviewed and set to a year regardless of circumstance, then banned players who positively contribute to the community could appeal to have their ban lengths fractionally reduced. Boomeh has remained active, polite and patient, played fantastically (and legally) at i40, and confessed and provided details of what he had done at the time (probably the reason his ban length was reviewed in the first place). If anything in my opinion he deserves a month knocked off his ban, not a year added on. I also think its extremely unfair and very unproffesional to change boomeh’s ban length once again. The main problems here seem to be inconsistant and flawed policy; messing with ban lengths that have already been reviewed just adds to the mess. Personally i’d knock a month of his ban just for messing the fuck with his head. As sad as it sounds, if you play a comp game 4 hours a day for a few years it becomes a significant part of your life. Admins should be considering things like that when they act like spastics and justify sleeping at night with, ‘its just a game’.
I’m not saying that i want to forgive all the low div russian scouts who spend their days triggerbotting in pcws, but i dont think they would regret it, and i dont think they would care to try and reduce it. When people say, why should a div6 player be treated differently to a div1 player? I dont think that they should, BUT i dont think a div 6 player would have enough at stake to care, likelyhood is that the players at the top will make an effort.
tl;dr
sort it the fuck out and get a fair and consistant system.
oh and about that cook shit, if its an exploit and hes fucking about a pub server then hes being a dick to the people on it, if you want to punish him then slap him on the wrist with a month ban, dont label him a hacker and then face smash him a years ban.”

Arcy @ vanillatf2 31st of august.
You have incredible knowledge of the tf2 community.

Last edited by randa,

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Liulin

I don’t think he ever wanted to say he was better than somebody, it’s just the slight taste of ” lol look what i achieved for 14 days lol “.Still, even though it can’t be proved, I believe that someone by himself, without any experience at tf2 whatsoever and only having good aim because of another game can’t progress to div4 mixes in the matter of 2 weeks, no matter his effort, intelligence, aim or what the fuck else.Just look at how many cheaters there were in lower divisions, who in spite of their triggerbots or aimbots never really got that good at playing scout.

Thats a bad generalization, of course they can, if you put the effort in its not like there’s mass amounts to learn to play at that level, especially coming from a higher level of a game even though the play styles are completely different.

If you don’t like what he’s doing, then avoid reading it, personally I actually find it interesting to see how the guy progresses even if some people do take it the wrong way its still interesting

Jude

notdoggo

personally i thought this was a really good read, interesting to see a view from a css player, i know for a fact that the css community is worse than cadreds but seriously can all the butthurt guys make us etf2l guys seem a bit more welcoming to new players? keep it up arcy :)

Liulin

Jims, you still get me wrong. I am not saying that he shouldn’t be writing, that his text is bullsh*t or that he is an insertcursewordhere. I just found that what he wrote was completely differed from what I’d expected having the thread name in mind.Some of the stuff he wrote was genuinely interesting, but it wasn’t the look of a noob on 6v6 (or at least it didn’t sound that way to me).You particularly might think that I’m writing this gibberish because I never really became a good scout because of aiming and I envy him. You are probably right ,so I’ll stop writing in this thread. Good luck with tf2 arcadizle.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Like tbh Arcy, you obviously think you da shit. But I got news for ya; I’m the shit around here.

Dummy

Quoted from Liulin

[…]

he said he had near to none help, so let’s believe that (which sounds plausible to me) for the moment

so right now the thing i’ve been saying over and over again and for some reason arcy does not want to re-admit it like it’s a horrible thing (which it isn’t beh)

1) he IS trying to make his name known

2) its NOT a very intrusive or annoying read, its idd interesting and mature

3) this does NOT change the fact that he IS trying to as randa said “big himself up”

4) arcy ADMITTED that he is doing that in a mature and respectful way in the first topic

5) now he is DENYING it because people started stupidly flaming which triggered him

6) what *I* am saying is:

making his name known/ whoring attention / bigging himself up/ whatever you want to call it is for the sole reason to get in a good team and get to know people. This is not the sole reason, but it is the primary reason, let us not be naive
– we’re not dumb and we have a “statement” from Arcy. JUST because he conveyed this in a mature way doesn’t make it any better.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from randa

Arcy @ vanillatf2 31st of august.
You have incredible knowledge of the tf2 community.

Maybe arcy is actually a 3rd account of boomeh?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »