Forum

2 Years In Prison

Created 22nd July 2010 @ 15:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Randdalf

(0v0)

Yeah, these days it’s sith lords robbing banks http://uk.stars.ign.com/articles/110/1108185p1.html

ginisa

Last edited by ginisa,

achy

Lets have it right, prisons in USA is far far far different from the ones in the UK. I for one do not think this kinda thing goes on in many UK prisons if any at all. A Friend of mine has been in prison twice and i was under the impression that its a pritty easy ride. They have TV the internet, a pool hall and a gym. Yes stabbings do go on but not as horriffic as being held up by a T-shirt that abit fucking sick. plus the screws would be all over it. As for the mind set about how it changes the way you think about women… i could only imagen that thats just for the “lifers”, Still its a good read but abit twisted. The yanks are a funny lot :p

jiggawhat

To be honest, as accurate as the details in here may be, the entire thing is written in a way to dramatize and sensationalize what goes on. And since it was posted on a 4chan site, it was clearly written by someone who knows what people enjoy reading – it was written to go viral.

In related news, the economist’s latest issue has a small report on the high rates of incarceration in America for dumb and trivial crimes.

http://www.economist.com/node/16636019?story_id=16636019

http://www.economist.com/node/13415267

Anathema

He committed armed robbery.
He had the opportunity to make something of his life and managed to completely ruin it.
It’s his own fault so I can’t feel sorry for him.

Imperium

Quoted from Anathema

He committed armed robbery.
He had the opportunity to make something of his life and managed to completely ruin it.
It’s his own fault so I can’t feel sorry for him.

sorry what, this wasn’t about feeling sorry for him more about getting some actual insight, despite the doubtful validity

Anathema

The response to his story on that article “Oh OP you’re an amazing guy, blabla”
What the hell?

eoN^

Quoted from Anathema

The response to his story on that article “Oh OP you’re an amazing guy, blabla”
What the hell?

Its posted on a chan… And your surprised its got a response like that? I think this is the closest thing I’ve ever seen from any chan that hasn’t made me want to punch someone in the face… I don’t pity the man, I just think he has a nice writing style that even for someone with dyslexia, like me, can read comfortably. And its genuinely interesting to see prison life from the aspect of someone who’s not lying to themselves about being a hard ass or boasting about how they bet on so many people in prison or crying about getting raped everyday…

eoN^

Quoted from kaidus

You really think it’s about drugs? (@defur)

Of course it would be other things as well. Probably a combination of drugs peer pressure and trying to show off. Every single one of us has probably gotten into a situation because of drugs or alcohol or boasting to mates that we don’t want to be in that could of got us into a lot of trouble or worse… I think its party due to him not really ever growing up as he seemed to just leech of his parents (most of us gamers do that, I myself am trying to change that right now by searching for a job).

Either way it was a really interesting read and I think, personally, its given me a better outlook on prison life. I’m not saying its going to stop me doing something I would of done before reading it but its made me really think which can be hard to find (something truly interesting) that isn’t clouded in a web of bullshit online.

achy

Quoted from eoN^

[…]

I just think he has a nice writing style that even for someone with dyslexia, like me

ha ha you have dyslexia! <3 :p

eoN^

Quoted from achy

[…]

ha ha you have dyslexia! <3 :p

Is there a club? :( Wheres my invite!

KOVACS

By pure coincidence I watched a movie called “Felon” (2008) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117385/ a few hours after reading that guy’s prison story and it holds a large number of similarities.

Either Felon portrays a reasonably accurate account of high-sec prison life in America or perhaps this guy’s prison story is somewhat or entirely ficticious and takes some of its content from this movie.

Quoted from KOVACS

perhaps this guy’s prison story is somewhat or entirely ficticious

I’m tending towards believing this.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3