Forum

Natural Selection 2

Created 19th July 2010 @ 14:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

arc

iSlam

Hey Chris, can you help me get better FPS @ NS2?

octochris

(0v0)

i have no idea with the spark engine. i’d usually write a config, but i’ve never even come across it before, so i don’t know how much stuff can be tweaked through vars.

ZeyOrk

YEAH! U TELL THAT PECKERWOOD Piece-a-shit chris. Madafakka. Where is your evidence about that resoloution shit yo, yeah, i said it!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

New fade blink feels awkward as hell. Old one was a much better mechanic in general, I find.

Kinda funny how they made the fade blink undergo the exact same changes as in NS1. In NS1, Fade Blink used to be instant too, but was deemed to be OP. So they changed it to “very fast movement” … I think the difference here is that, while blinking, nobody can see/hit you?

arc

iSlam

I find the new blink to be a lot better. They changed it because it was found to be too confusing for most and people couldn’t really blink properly.

178 is a bit unbalanced though. :( fades kill everything.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from helberg

please dont remove bhopping for skulk :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWj2mc9u5vc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

They intend to keep movement for skulk pretty similar and afaik trying to replicate the airmovement and strafe gain. Once thats done then I guess you can do wall bhopping aswell.

Be nice to keep like wiggle walking, strafe jumping, wall strafing all in aswell. Made the game through the complexity of the movement :((

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Kinda funny how they made the fade blink undergo the exact same changes as in NS1. In NS1, Fade Blink used to be instant too, but was deemed to be OP. So they changed it to “very fast movement” … I think the difference here is that, while blinking, nobody can see/hit you?

I don’t think it was because of it being “OP” but more due to the stuck issues.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Don’t mind it not being instantaneous, I mind the awkward floating that occurs if you try and go up or down a slope- it’s just horrible, feels really stiff etc

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

B179 build out now

discuss

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

how the hell you guys can even play this game, for me the constant warping of enemies / fps dropping to 0 / general lag and fps spikes is so big of a cock block that I just cannot stay in the game more than 2minutes. Killing anything in this game with the first little alien is just sheer luck.

vaxjo

Hey dats!

little alien <3
Gotta give the game a go again tonight, been pretty much unplayable so far.

Would've been interesting to see what the old-style fade blink would have eventually become in NS1 had they finetuned it not to get stuck etc. and not just make it completely different :D

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

hey bro, it’s still unplayable. I tried right after they launched the update.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I played for over an hour last night and it has much improved from my last bash a month or two ago.

Much smoother and better reg, I need to RTFM though cos the game has changed since NS1!

Cobby

-9m-

I managed to play a 12 v 12 in a game that lasted an hour last night and it was pretty fun. It still has a way to go, but it feels a lot better and if you can find a decent server, while getting a decent FPS, then it is definitely playable and fun!

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Of course the movement and hitreg still feels a bit laggy compared to fully developed games with proper netcode; NS2 simply isn’t there yet. However, I don’t understand that your fps is so bad? FPS is wonderful for me, like i said 3 pages ago, on high detail 1920*1200. Granted my computer might be decent but also not shitcakes expensive… But hey, just wait… There’s some other massive performance enhancements waiting around the corner (like optimized occlusion culling).

The problem for you specifically might just be bad luck in terms of hardware/software combination. Try and use the feedback function maybe? Unknown Worlds can’t fix what they don’t know about.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »