Forum

League of Legends selected for WCG 2010

Created 5th July 2010 @ 17:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

RareSpycrab

Don’t normally play games like this but i’ll give it a go. Is it free?

Squide

keso

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Don’t normally play games like this but i’ll give it a go. Is it free?

Yes.. the game is free

Psyche

I also forgot to mention that LoL is terrible in 1 aspect: You either pay to have the heroes you like OR you have to unlock them with Influence Points (Each match gives x influence points).

small hero pool makes the game repetitive and boring. In HoN you HAVE to pay something like 30$ now (I pre-purchased so it was MUCH MUCH cheaper) but atleast it’s a one time payment + access to over 60 heroes (correct me if I’m wrong – LoL has like what? 30-40?)
AND access to future updates – Awsome sauce.. while each time a new hero comes to LoL you have to unlock it.

New York, NY— June 30, 2010 — World Cyber Games Inc. (WCG), organizer of the premier international video game competition and festival recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records, and Riot Games, a leading…

just read this…Riot Games..Developer of LoL.

Nonetheless, HoN gets this kind of attetion

Quoted from

GosuGamers and SteelSeries Tournament

GosuGamers and SteelSeries have teamed up together to present the largest Heroes of Newerth prize tournament ever held!

64 qualifying teams will participate in the playoffs for the top prize of over $10,000 in cash and prizes!

Tournament registration will begin on May 19th, visit GosuGamers for full details on participating in the tournament.

wish tf2 would get that much attention :/. 10 thousand dollars.

Last edited by Psyche,

Squide

keso

LoL have something like a Hero rotation that they have 8 heroes every week that everyone can play every week and that is also noob friendly cuz u dont have to learn as many heroes at the same time…

and all though u get the other heroes u like and u get them pretty fast imo :)

blind

popkõrns

Psyche think u forgot dreamhack 15k$ and that the SS and GosuGamers cup is actually 40k$, first gets 10k :p

also the almost weekly 1-5k$ tourneys? :D

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

It’s acronym is fucking LoL. Enough fucking said.

mb

keso

Quoted from Psyche

I play both games tbh and clearly HoN is 10x superior. Simply by the fact HoN IS a competitive game and LoL is so noob friendly that even a brain dead monkey can play it.

They removed most of the DotA aspects and thus ruined the game. Good for HoN, they didn’t do it and thus is a much, much better game.

Gameplay wise there’s litteraly no difference. The UI is more intuitive in LoL and the game is not full of dismissive elitist jerks so I guess LoL is more noob friendly.

Psyche

I know blind, just didn’t bother posting :P.

Oh and.. HoN is only full of elitist pricks because most people don’t bother learning even the basics before deciding to fuck someone else’s games up.

There’s PRACTICE mode for some reason…they have a reason to be fucking pricks if a guy that never played goes into the game and does 0/17

Having someone that does not have even the SLIGHTEST clue of what to (call misses, denying, etc) is not enjoyable…brings the whole match to shit.

Last edited by Psyche,

blind

popkõrns

well tbf, http://www.justin.tv/ragers/b/266319700?utm_source=20100413en&utm_content=0&utm_medium=cms_email&utm_campaign=followed_highlight_created kinda typical HoN players and thats kinda sad :D buuuuuuuut the game is good :p

kaidus

WiK?

I dunno what you guys are arguing about, both of these games are fucking terrible.

Squide

keso

HoN is tbh a copy paste of DotA just with other names and some more heroes..
but LoL have done something new with it..

and Season 1 is on the way for LoL so the game is just in preseason atm. And other modes are on the way to.
So LoL have alot of potential imo

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Squide

HoN is tbh a copy paste of DotA just with other names and some more heroes..
but LoL have done something new with it..

and Season 1 is on the way for LoL so the game is just in preseason atm. And other modes are on the way to.
So LoL have alot of potential imo

i don’t know if i can stand any more of that acronym :D

kolox

obs.

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

edit: squide, did you play dota?

Last edited by kolox,

Kinyu

popkõrns

LoL is still in like beta. Season 1 will soon begin with ranked games & shit and theres a new hero every week. It’s an upcoming game.

kolox

obs.

Quoted from Kinyu

LoL is still in like beta. Season 1 will soon begin with ranked games & shit and theres a new hero every week. It’s an upcoming game.

it’s been released.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »