Forum

Another drum cover, sexier.

Created 21st May 2010 @ 17:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Crunchy

Quoted from dougiie

awful song :P

I can see lupus’ point and I have to agree in a certain way. You barely lift your left hand to hit the snare, its very timid.
Also your snare sounds wayy off to me, you need to adjust your kit to the acoustics of the room, work with it, its not sounding the best.

If you want a good example of really awesome playing and just pure emotion, look at this guy, seriously talented, and very enjoyable to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEtnYKLSgMk

So maybe try tune your kit again, theres lots of helpful vids on youtube to help you tune your kit and make it sound alot better :)

good drummer no doubt, but his face is nearly always down and the expression doesnt change, he moves with the song and stuff granted, but theres no emotion there just too much concentration, when i was drumming for the band i was in i used to do this until i was told that it pulled the atmosphere down, so looking up smiling pulling stupid faces to people you know in the crowd or whatever, just makes things look better.

also as far as the OPs snare sounds i think it needs tightening, i.e. top and bottom skins need to be tighter as does the actual snare wire, cause it rattles and the tone is horrible :P

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Crunchy

[…]

good drummer no doubt, but his face is nearly always down and the expression doesnt change, he moves with the song and stuff granted, but theres no emotion there just too much concentration

total disagree, check his other vids, so much emotion into it.

d0llar

Okay, step by step, I’ll start with the emotion thing, guys, I pick the songs, I love hearing them, I enjoy drumming them even more, going wild on the drumkit doesn’t mean I don’t feel the song and enjoy playing it.

I’m playing in a small room in my basement, that means there’s no acoustics in this room, everything sounds loud as hell and the sound isn’t the best it can get to, add the fact that I use no microphones, and that I need to balance my hits so everything will be heared and sound the same.

I’ll give you the perfect example of how hard it is, watch Rain by Creed that I uploaded a month or two monthes ago, listen to the ride cymbal(right sided if you dont know what it’s), try to understand how hard it’s to know that when you record, ride 30% weaker hits, or hi-hat almost fully released, and I have a lot of examples like that.

What I’m trying to say, judging the sound is easy, telling my to tune isn’t something I haven’t been trying to do, following every step there’s on youtube or net.

I can tell you that, next video will be recorded in a studio that some israeli company offered me to tryout for the next song, and I’m taking the drumset with me :)

Crunchy

Quoted from dougiie

[…]

total disagree, check his other vids, so much emotion into it.

other vids theres more emotion, but the one you chose just had one facial expression through the whole thing :P

spence

¤_¤

Quoted from d0llar

I’m playing in a small room in my basement, that means there’s no acoustics in this room

you have an anechoic chamber in your basement, interesting…

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from d0llar

I can tell you that, next video will be recorded in a studio that some israeli company offered me to tryout for the next song, and I’m taking the drumset with me :)

Good to hear man. I know what you mean about the softer hits and such, i used to play a bit myself quite a while ago. I also helped out around studios and such with that sort of thing (started as work experience, but i stuck around for a while as i did enjoy it). Its always a good laugh and hopefully you can get some good recordings in. :)

Last edited by Skyride,

fle.

first of all , you have to work on your stick control,its look like sticks can easily slip off from your hands. ( except if you do ghost-notes there with your fingers. )

for exp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiZUfWgl7OQ

otherwise great cover etc.

and also find this dvd if you can : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogcthBz5Bsw “great exercises about fingers and sticks.”

Last edited by fle.,

d0llar

Quoted from Crunchy

[…]

other vids theres more emotion, but the one you chose just had one facial expression through the whole thing :P

I wish I had front camera to show you you’re wrong, other then that I can’t say anything :P

Inuy

#sadboys

Quoted from d0llar

[…]

I wish I had front camera to show you you’re wrong, other then that I can’t say anything :P

no need mate , i think if you watch carefully you can see it. :) gj would like to see more from you ! :]

d0llar

Quoted from Inuy

[…]

no need mate , i think if you watch carefully you can see it. :) gj would like to see more from you ! :]

I just broke 3 of my right leg fingers, gonna take a while ;P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2