Forum

Possible to use custom skyboxes on custom maps?

Created 18th January 2010 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Isai

flowerpower/

Quoted from Macisum

wow, now that wasnt to klevah, was it?

Played! :D

Zipok

This conversation is just so.. sad. Very, very sad.

Last edited by Zipok,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Oh look at the second google link, an exact guide on how to make the custom one, how to install it and how to get it to work in game, wicked http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/08/team-fortress-2-skyboxes/

Klevah

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

How is using a custom skybox on custom maps different from using them on stock maps?

the custom map vmt files aint in the skybox folder. when you use the gcf thing

Klevah

Quoted from Vazzan

Oh look at the second google link, an exact guide on how to make the custom one, how to install it and how to get it to work in game, wicked http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/08/team-fortress-2-skyboxes/

ONLY FOR STOCK MAPS YOU FUCKED UP RETARD

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Everyone calm down or else the banhammer is coming out. If you don’t have any useful response to his question don’t post, and if you call people retards they’re unlikely to help answer your question.

Klevah

Quoted from SnowiE

Everyone calm down or else the banhammer is coming out. If you don’t have any useful response to his question don’t post, and if you call people retards they’re unlikely to help answer your question.

thank god there are SOME peoples that haves som sence in them.
this community is fucked up :|

Ijantis

Quoted from Klevah

[…]
thank god there are SOME peoples that haves som sence in them.
this community is fucked up :|

You really shouldn’t have called them ignorant fucks in the first place.

You should have explained that you used google but it didnt offer a solution to your problem instead of raging like a pre-pubescent teenager.

In fact edit your first post with a massive EDIT: sign and say explain the exact problem.

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Klevah

[…]
ONLY FOR STOCK MAPS YOU FUCKED UP RETARD

I just want to quote every single one of your replies just so that you can realise how monumentally stupid you look. But in reality I’m far too lazy and this one just about sums up most of them to be honest.

jason

PHX

Don’t worry Klevah, I’ll be a gentleman and help you out. Have you considered the possibility of posting your query on one of the myriad mapping sites or forums?

What with this being a league forum (in the most part) you may get a more agreeable reply.

Plumb3d

Tplay

Last edited by Plumb3d,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

-snip

Last edited by Vazzan,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Of course it is, it’s just 6 textures, use a valve skybox (and the file names) as an template. You then have to set the skybox name e.g. sky_randdalf_01, in the map properties.

You’ll also need to get the light_environment settings similar to the colour of the sky, otherwise it’ll look a bit weird.

They can add a hefty amount to filesize once pakratted in though.

If you just want to change the skybox, go to map properties (afaik under view >) and in the skybox box, just set it to, for example, sky_tf2_01.

Last edited by Randdalf,

Klevah

Quoted from Randdalf

Of course it is, it’s just 6 textures, use a valve skybox (and the file names) as an template. You then have to set the skybox name e.g. sky_randdalf_01, in the map properties.

You’ll also need to get the light_environment settings similar to the colour of the sky, otherwise it’ll look a bit weird.

They can add a hefty amount to filesize once pakratted in though.

If you just want to change the skybox, go to map properties (afaik under view >) and in the skybox box, just set it to, for example, sky_tf2_01.

Thanks first of all. I want to change the skybox for freight. but i dont know how to get the vmt files. Can i get the vmt filies from any random map, and instead of the vmt filie being called something like badlands i change it to freight?

Klevah

Quoted from Thalien

[…]

I just want to quote every single one of your replies just so that you can realise how monumentally stupid you look. But in reality I’m far too lazy and this one just about sums up most of them to be honest.

yes u. 30 post and only 1 good, and you call me stupid? pff

Last edited by Klevah,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »