Forum

Guru Gaming Frag Movie

Created 13th January 2010 @ 13:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ih

Hi, we finally, moved from last div and Drookie and me made this little movie. Most of this frags were in div6/5 manner so don’t expect to much and enjoy!

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBKd-0fWHDs

Last edited by ih,

Pyle

I enjoyed it :D !

pr0millo_0

fleisch!

Looks like a spectator flying around killing people. :/

Jubilee

nice.

DominiX

sP.

Well, overall not a bad movie. It’s obvious that it’s done by a moviemaker who’s unexperienced and you can’t judge that, but I’m a bitchy cunt and I’ll point out few general mistakes which imo made movie unpleasant in few moments:
– viewmodel_fov. If you use one – use one. It doesn’t look nice if you suddenly change it.
– huds. If you’re using one – use one. I can understand, that you used both – STV and POV demos, but surely you could use some tutorials about how to get rid of unneceseary huds.
– angle camera. It looked like a fast forward and looked like you moved the mouse too fast, so it didn’t look nice aswell.

Music was horrible for my taste, maybe someone can say the oposite. It was hard, slow and didn’t fit a movie like this imo. Some work on the picture quality, smoothing, sync and I’m sure this footage could make something good.

Good job tho.

P.S. it would be great to see partly the same movie ( footage and song ) with some changes done, to make it more enjoyable and likeable, for comparison.

Last edited by DominiX,

ilike2spin

RLM

Looks like a spectator flying around killing people. :/

At the beginning of the big scout bit I genuinely thought it was massive fail attempt to fake to do smoothing without knowing how.

Not a terrible movie at all but I’d have liked viewmodels tbh.

ih

thank for feedback, the thing is,
when demo is recorded with drawviewmodel off every time someone changes weapon, viewmodel goes on or off depending on the script the player is using. Maybe I should split that kind of demo and force command it r_drawviewmodel 1, every time person changes weapon. Or is there easier way?

Who here can help me do some picture improvements, fix the drawviewmodel problem and redo it again? I really liked that w00t stuff he did in medic homicide movie. What did he use for picture quality?

You are totally right about HUDs, my mistake. As for the smoothing and picture quality I hope my knowledge of those stuff will improve till next frag movie.

Last edited by ih,

jgmaster

BM

Pldx = answer to most of your questions.

Add A Reply Pages: 1