Forum

Homocide: A Medic Movie

Created 10th September 2009 @ 21:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

Imperium

Hey guys, i watched some Formula 1 highlight reel a while back. The drivers might be a bit better than me, but judging from that clip, I wouldnt say that my skills behind the wheel of my Toyota Corolla are lesser than the f1 racer’s. I mean, a car’s a car, right? Anyway, it was interesting to see good drivers but nothing impressive. Cheers, byte

No shit, div 1 is harder than div 4-6. But in the clips it wasn’t actually portrayed like that. I’ll go through your clips:
1) Absolute faith in teammates. You are in the best clan and have experience, not surprised.
2) You can aim needles and run away.
3) Getting several ubersaws, including one where a medic runs into you. Pretty good, but not a wow moment
4) After uber, you run out, get a healthpack. Nearly die from a solly who killed himself and a scout who your teammates took down.
5) repeated clip
6) Basic healing, then some air needles
7) Ubered after seeing stickies, impressive tbh. Near miss from the scout, faith again. But equally – you moved to try and miss. He hit, but didnt do enough. Then nice needles and teammate finishes him off
8) You ubered and your demo let you stay in range after being compression blasted. You then distracted the pyro for just long enough, but you had to fire.

I’m not against you. I know you’re a lot better than me and that you can do this much more regularly than me. But you also can’t say my comparison is wrong because you haven’t seen me. I am jealous of your skills, I think you’re reallly good, but doesn’t mean these clips were special.

agron

Relic

Hey guys, i watched some Formula 1 highlight reel a while back. The drivers might be a bit better than me, but judging from that clip, I wouldnt say that my skills behind the wheel of my Toyota Corolla are lesser than the f1 racer’s. I mean, a car’s a car, right? Anyway, it was interesting to see good drivers but nothing impressive. Cheers, byte

No shit, div 1 is harder than div 4-6. But in the clips it wasn’t actually portrayed like that. I’ll go through your clips:
1) Absolute faith in teammates. You are in the best clan and have experience, not surprised.
3) Getting several ubersaws, including one where a medic runs into you. Pretty good, but not a wow moment
4) After uber, you run out, get a healthpack. Nearly die from a solly who killed himself and a scout who your teammates took down.
5) repeated clip
7) Ubered after seeing stickies, impressive tbh. Near miss from the scout, faith again. But equally – you moved to try and miss. He hit, but didnt do enough. Then nice needles and teammate finishes him off
8) You ubered and your demo let you stay in range after being compression blasted. You then distracted the pyro for just long enough, but you had to fire.

I’m not against you. I know you’re a lot better than me and that you can do this much more regularly than me. But you also can’t say my comparison is wrong because you haven’t seen me. I am jealous of your skills, I think you’re reallly good, but doesn’t mean these clips were special.

well that’s a good analysis of how i play. i have (for reasons unknown) faith in the people i play with, and i play accordingly ie. I take a lot of risks. Isnt that something that comes accross rather well from this vid? Also easy to compare the medic’s different movement habits and situational awereness. Well, as a medic (who cba to watch demos) that was nice for me. Besides being lucky + silly situations are the bread n butter of a tf2 vid. I like fragga’s airgib vids even though I’ve never seen him airshot someone ingame. Real gameplay and ashort entertainment clip are often not the same. (back to work, been sitting on this toilet for 45mins now. Got to love wireless interweb.)

troot

-9m-
DStS

5) repeated clip

sorry when did anybody claim that the clips were special,most fragvids only have one “special moment”,so what did u all really expect..?
I for one really enjoyed this movie,it was the best i’ve ever seen tf2 look(especially gravelpit) and the music fitted in great.
As for the actual clips themselves i thought they were surprisingly entertaining credit to woot for a great movie.

I liked it.
Did nobody else like it? :(
Fuckin amateur medics complaining because they didn’t get asked to be in it.

I for one would like to say: Well done. Great movie, shame these jealous fucks are criticising.
SHINTAZ LAYIN THE TRUTH HAMMER BRO

Bun

GM

I liked it.

I for one would like to say: Well done. Great movie, shame these jealous fucks are criticising.

+1

Loved it. 8)

GeaR

Epsilon

I don’t want to attack any of you, but all those who say “boring video, nothing special”, don’t see the awesome actions of the medics shown in the video. Enemy blocking, saving teammates and air needles. Look twice before you give bad criticism.

Good video, every team with such a medic can be happy!

niklas..

SdX BLU

I liked it.

I don’t understand why us that complained have gotten so much anger towards us, i don’t go flaming on you guys for liking it. It’s just my own opinion. And really is this what you think? then i feel sorry for you shintaz because thats just lame of you to say, im not jealous i just don’t like it. And if people can’t deal with a little critisism then why release it in the first place

CaptainBadger

I liked it.

In fact, I liked it enough that I shall now watch it again to remember exactly what I liked about it.

Although the repeated clip was a bit of an error, but it can be forgiven :P

Imperium

@ agron my point is that it didn’t seem so special, but it is a good representation of your faith. But yeah, i was a lil harsh ^^
@troot i expected the same kind of “wow” factor as most frag vids. All the clips were good but not SO special, is my point. No-one said they were special, but for me that makes a good frag vid. I haven’t seen so many medic frag vids as they are hard to come across, I prolly should adapt between medic and others.

@shintaz … I couldn’t give a crap about not being asked to be in it. I know i’m crap, but you dont have to be a bit idiotic. If i wanted to be in a medic frag movie, I would make one, but i dont mind. I also guess as I am only a amateur medic who you’ve never seen I am not allowed to criticise.

Forgot to say that i did enjoy it, but not as much as i hoped.

d0gs

I liked it.

Fucking amen. This movie has popped up on a few pub community forums and guess what. They’re all ‘pff pro medics sucks bla bla’
To bad about the double clip. Neat movie nonetheless.

Ashes

can you give a link for those skins? sky looks awesome :o

saiboat

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/68747
http://www.fpsbanana.com/sprites/2506

nvc

scene1; medic presses w, holds left mouse 1, releases mouse 1 to change heal to player 2 and thus proceeds to press mouse1 again whilst still pushing w to continue forward, medic turns around as the scene changes to #2. scene 2; medic holds mouse1 whilst pressing w, hides behind box whilst demoman caps cp2, demo caps cp2, demo dies, medic fires 2 needles to remove remaining health and kill the deadly scout before proceeding to heal a scout and yet again hold w to run around, medic ubers, AMAZINGLY HE DOES NOT DIE… how does he do this? medic dies after uber.

great movie

CaptainBadger

scene1; medic presses w, holds left mouse 1, releases mouse 1 to change heal to player 2 and thus proceeds to press mouse1 again whilst still pushing w to continue forward, medic turns around as the scene changes to #2. scene 2; medic holds mouse1 whilst pressing w, hides behind box whilst demoman caps cp2, demo caps cp2, demo dies, medic fires 2 needles to remove remaining health and kill the deadly scout before proceeding to heal a scout and yet again hold w to run around, medic ubers, AMAZINGLY HE DOES NOT DIE… how does he do this? medic dies after uber.

great movie

Wow, I didn’t realise that since medics aren’t there to make kills and use complicated button combinations whilst moving, that this made the video a poor display of skill. Now where’s the button I need to press to use my brain whilst playing a game, it must be on the keyboard somewhere…

djc

d2f~

great movie

you’re such a nice guy in mumble and when the game at hand is not tf2
so why are you such a cockgobbling idiot when those conditions do not apply?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »