Forum

MvM Ghost Town Speedrun World Record

Created 3rd September 2015 @ 00:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Ten'son'

oi!
I don’t know if this is the best place to share the love of speedrun, but heh it’s TF2 speedrun boys! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0-x6OGHqE

Enjoy the death of big robots at incredible speed!

doks

I dunno about ghost town… but on the other mvm maps the speed at which you kill the bots doesn’t influence the speed at which the next spawn wave comes… You can’t beat the map any faster than the spawn waves come.
So basically this speed run will always be ~ the same and down to how fast you kill the last bot ? so we are talking about a difference of maybe 1 second for every speed run [if you are not horrible at the game]

Or do the spawn waves come in later if you struggle ?

Last edited by doks,

unu

Quoted from doks

I dunno about ghost town… but on the other mvm maps the speed at which you kill the bots doesn’t influence the speed at which the next spawn wave comes… You can’t beat the map any faster than the spawn waves come.
So basically this speed run will always be ~ the same and down to how fast you kill the last bot ? so we are talking about a difference of maybe 1 second for every speed run [if you are not horrible at the game]

Or do the spawn waves come in later if you struggle ?

On regular maps certain things won’t spawn until you kill certain robots. I assume it’s the same here

Ten'son'

Yes some robots don’t spawn until you killed the previous ones.
And there’s some delays sometimes to let you go buy upgrades wich only start to tick when all the robots are dead, so the faster you kill them, the faster the delay starts counting.

unu

Me, Wiethoofd, Ceejaey and a bunch of others have speedran the Two cities missions several times. (These are LIVE timers btw, which include the time in between waves, where we press F4 as soon as possible and then buy upgrades). Our current records are:

Empire Escalation: 30:01 (30 minutes 1 second)
Metro Malice: 30:04
——
Hamlet Hostility: 23:02
Bavarian Botbash: 23:20

I think Ceejaey has some of them on youtube.

We’re pretty certain it’s possible to go sub 30 on Mannhattan and sub 23 on Rottenburg, AS SOON AS PEOPLE STOP THROWING.

Last edited by unu,

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from unu

AS SOON AS PEOPLE STOP THROWING.

Put me in boss

Asaaj

WR attempts will be had at deutschlan. :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1