Forum

Pipe Hype

Created 17th May 2015 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

ash

(Legend)
:D

I feel saying “every community is able to compete with the very top community” is just as small minded as saying “every smaller community is shit”

I remember talking to FIR, who played in the Asian League (whatever its called); and he basically said their top is a step below EU/NA top – so I think both options are valid, some communities are able to keep up, others arent.

Phnx

Quoted from san alex

[…]

Thats what people used to say about australians. And they were completely wrong.
Believe it or not every community, from south africa to south america, Asia, Australia has a top team able to compete with our best teams.
I remember when people used to say that IM were like div 4/3 because Australia is a smaller scene and they were always beating everyone 5-0, so there was no way they could compete against better teams.
If you wanna learn more about asiafortress check out this article:http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/09/competitive-tf2-around-the-world-the-asiafortress-commnunity/
Plus if you wanna check some top african players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJXsibgc-w

I don’t think anyone said that Immunity is like div 3-4, it’s just that the rest of the teams wren’t at their level, and the overall level there is actually really low.
and the african community highlight video just showed people standing at a high ground and waiting for people to jump them as if it is mge and nothing else.

Spriggan

gtfo, forsak3n

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

reminds me of Fragga’s old clips, will never be replicated

Kaneco

Quoted from Forsak3n

[…]
most of prem teams are full of ppl who used to be div3 just a little time ago, probably because theres no players choice for teams, but they think they’ve improved. =3

“People can’t improve”, Nice logic

konr

Quoted from san alex

Thats what people used to say about australians. And they were completely wrong.
Believe it or not every community, from south africa to south america, Asia, Australia has a top team able to compete with our best teams.
I remember when people used to say that IM were like div 4/3

I feel like the people that said iM were div 4/3 were fucking retarded in saying that and no one took that seriously. I’d be really surprised if a legit good/knowledgeable player said that. Sure they said they most likely wouldn’t be as good as our top teams when it comes to dealing with teams that work well together but no one iirc went that far with it.

You should also bear in mind that their team was a superteam by all accounts in their region and won repeatedly for season after season after season. This clip is just a demo hitting some pipes on people that seem to strafe badly. Not as much to go off of.

Note: I’m not saying any side is right, just that the comparison isn’t a good one. Nice pipes tho!

Last edited by konr,

Forsak3n

S

Before ozzies arrived for i49 I was hoping them to finish somewhere at top 3 (epsi>na>au), but then they had shit pcw results when they had just arrived and i was upset, though the competition performance was great.

Phnx

Quoted from Forsak3n

Before ozzies arrived for i49 I was hoping them to finish somewhere at top 3 (epsi>na>au), but then they had shit pcw results when they had just arrived and i was upset, though the competition performance was great.

well they were playing at an internet cafe with bad connection and not a lot of room to, termo was saying how he had his keyboard at his lap because there no space for everything.

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from ash

I remember talking to FIR, who played in the Asian League (whatever its called); and he basically said their top is a step below EU/NA top – so I think both options are valid, some communities are able to keep up, others arent.

His words to me were that the Asians were all DM heavy and had no real brain so he’d just run kritz all the time and played top level. He also said it was basically div3 brain. With no other solid comparison and videos such as this supposedly highlighting the great skill of hitting objects falling in a predictable single dimension I feel its a fairly solid comment.

not that it doesnt look cool of course. Better than the top 10 plays heh.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
well they were playing at an internet cafe with bad connection and not a lot of room to, termo was saying how he had his keyboard at his lap because there no space for everything.

they had bulk back then.

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Some of these the people aren’t actually strafing that badly though.
Still, all other scenes seem to have good dm but not great brains in common.

stephen

Amazing frag clip

Adrian

Quoted from Forsak3n

[…]
most of prem teams are full of ppl who used to be div3 just a little time ago, probably because theres no players choice for teams, but they think they’ve improved. =3

graba played in d4/5 :P not even 3

NeuTronas

Quoted from Adrian

[…]

graba played in d4/5 :P not even 3

MID is supposed to be d3/4, isn’t it?

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Henghast

[…]

Asians were all DM heavy and had no real brain

oho I remember the one time after a couple of seasons in ETF2L, going home and getting called a retard noob for trying to set up strats with what I learnt here. “hey we got a pick let’s go rape them from an unfavourable position because we all can predict, point and click, 2ez”

and thus it was that day that I left that scene for good, though nowadays I have no clue how that particular scene has evolved, so my opinion may be 2-3 years old now

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »