Sony Vegas "Smart" Resampling

Created 3rd February 2015 @ 00:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

siN

xenon

Tip for those who don’t know:
Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLKDL9BYmok
Result: http://i.gyazo.com/5f63b9da4f14e476868d706d5f6ab9ab.jpg

fragshows i recommend record at 60fps in game, sony vegas 60fps with disable resample and it will be really good, parts where you want to use slow mo with 60fps record at 240fps :)

Last edited by siN,

LaMqTa

fenneks

Danke, sir! :D

Arthur

WM

Yes, I noticed how much worse the avi’s looked after being through vagas, but I couldn’t figure it out!

Thanks allot man :D

ondkaja

IKEA

Resampling looks fine if you record at high framerates like 240-300 fps. Otherwise it should be turned off.

Lithium

Totally. You have to record at higher fps to set resampling on. It gives smoothness to the video.

Arthur

WM

Is re-sampling similar to SrcDemo2 Motion blur?

milkyeu

MILKY

Quoted from Arthur

Is re-sampling similar to SrcDemo2 Motion blur?

Srcdemo motion blur should look way better, but you have to record at higher framerates. I think 700+ fps is ideal. Also, why would you want motion blur in your videos, now when youtube supports 60 fps. There’s literally no reason to try to make your video look smoother, sure it can look a bit better but raw 60 fps clip looks good by it’s own, maybe it’s just me tho..

Last edited by milkyeu,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from milkyeu

[…]

Srcdemo motion blur should look way better, but you have to record at higher framerates. I think 700+ fps is ideal. Also, why would you want motion blur in your videos, now when youtube supports 60 fps. There’s literally no reason to try to make your video look smoother, sure it can look a bit better but raw 60 fps clip looks good by it’s own, maybe it’s just me tho..

700 fps? for a 30 fps video you would blend 23+ frames per frame, which is just a waste of time. 240 is enough for both 30p and 60p.

I guess if you really care about the video then go ahead and do it at 700 fps, but it will take a huge amount of space and will take so much time to render and stitching together.

Last edited by ondkaja,

milkyeu

MILKY

Had no idea 240 fps is enough for src demo. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by milkyeu,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from milkyeu

Had no idea 240 fps is enough for src demo. Thanks for the info!

Though if you do slow-motion stuff you need to record at higher framerates.

.Cali

TF2Co

240 for normal actions / 480 for “dynamic” action and slow-mo :)

Arthur

WM

Quoted from milkyeu

[…]

That’s what I thought, logically doing it at the TGA level would yield better results (in my head at least). However I have thought that motion blur would still make very quick movements look better. For example I actually think that motion blur looks really cool in games, the reason i don’t use it is it makes the game feel less responsive (a bit like having input lag).

Add A Reply Pages: 1