Forum

Frag Movie [Soldier]

Created 20th April 2009 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Side|Effect

2ne1
[PG]

I can take feedback but not when your claims are simply incorrect. Watch the Youtube link, do you see frags over and over again? I don’t think so. It’s the same file I uploaded up for download, you would think these “fps drops” would show up on Youtube too, right?

You do have editing all wrong, it’s about pace, mood and the flow of the video. Effects don’t make a better video they simply enhance it and so they’re left completely to choice whether or not to use any, this is the same with fades. Watch Michael Bay’s Transformers then watch The Dark Knight, TDK is the much better movie because it’s effects are subtle and take a background role in contrast to the movie Transformers where the special effects are what sells the inferior movie to the audience. The editing in my video utilizes internal sync and straight cuts, you don’t need fancy effects to make something that engages people, this is why a film like Citizen Kane will be regarded as one of the best to ever be made.

I had already seen the frag video you had made a while back so I decided to watch it again to see what “editing” meant to you. Within the first few second there’s a horrible use of text that completely destroys the videos aesthetic, this can be fixed easily with a better choice for text. I watched everything very closely and didn’t notice any prominent use of sync, the back and forth synced section were the only noticeable ones and they were done poorly possibly due to bad waveform reading. I felt the “effect” itself was cheesy and unnecessary.

You mentioned the entertaining people angle in frag video creation and I saw a lot of fast-forwarding in your video of really long killing sprees that would make most people tire and turn it off, if I wanted a video like that I would upload a demo somewhere. This is no attempt at vindictiveness, I wanted you to see that our views on editing differ and I remain to hold mine to be more important unless you can persuade me otherwise.

I don’t believe that my video is very good, just that it meets the minimum standard where frag videos become entertaining, anyway, thank you for your input.

tal

10kB

Liked the frags and some synchs.

Jigsaw

Nice video m8! :)

i liked the song,frags and the slowmotion parts,tho some were pointless
good job there ;] (edit better next time)

Assault Marine Sigh

The music was alright. The editing I noticed was good too. However I didnt like the frags much. I am the type of person who prefers less airshots. I think your first airshots didnt even kill the guy which to me seems pointless in a ‘frag video’. Would have liked to see an intro and credits. But thats just my view.

6/10 for a watch that was entertaining for me at times.

Wiiking

it seems a bit hacky and i dunno how many who whined on slowmotion on every clip, at least i started when arnold did it 9000 years ago. Other than that (on internet u always starts with the bad parts) nice frags and i like the music a lot (where did the ingame sound go after like half the vid? :( ). good sprees.

Just a tip for ur future pcw play dont rocketjump all the time :P

edit2: got to agree with exfane, go ninjaedit, the songs should be easy match

paixhaine

H!

poor med…

ProZaK

syster

I thought it was entertaining.

niklas..

SdX BLU

i smell triggerbot.., do you ever miss a shotgun-shot? are the britts next on the bannable country list?

or do i just like telling people they cheat? see the positive side of it, if you don’t cheat it means your really good :P

mineral

[kpwr]

Fun and enjoyable movie. No hardcore editing but there was some syncing so good job :)

Donk3y

cM

hax =D

nice vid , ur aim seems awesome, u only been playing for 53 days btw ? :D

BvD

flowerpower/

”Within the first few second there’s a horrible use of text that completely destroys the videos aesthetic, this can be fixed easily with a better choice for text.”

The font is an opinion, some people like it, some don’t.

”I watched everything very closely and didn’t notice any prominent use of sync” My entire video is based on synch, and not only the poorly done loops you call them. So either you are deaf and blind or you just want to have a shitty argument to flame my vid.

”You mentioned the entertaining people angle in frag video creation and I saw a lot of fast-forwarding in your video” You should have stronger arguments man, I used the fastforward once or twice for 2-3 seconds in my vid, this is just searching for something to say.

”You do have editing all wrong, it’s about pace, mood and the flow of the video. ” Here you give the answer to my claim. The flow of the video, that’s what happens when there’s a smooth switch from clip to clip, so people watch the video more comfortable. This is simply copypasting on wmm, that’s my point on the editing.

”Watch the Youtube link, do you see frags over and over again? I don’t think so. It’s the same file I uploaded up for download, you would think these “fps drops” would show up on Youtube too, right?” 0:47, on 4th point badlands, no matter how many times I watch it, fps lag?

I’m just saying if you put alittle more time in making your fragvideo, it can be lots more entertaining with the frags you put in it.

jem

rEJ

Apart from comparing it to Citizen Kane, it was an enjoyable frag vid.
:p

Side|Effect

2ne1
[PG]

“The font is an opinion, some people like it, some don’t. “

Typeface choice is not a subjective matter. If you do some research into the typography industry you’ll find that there are strict guidelines between what is fitting and what is out of place.

“My entire video is based on synch, and not only the poorly done loops you call them. So either you are deaf and blind or you just want to have a shitty argument to flame my vid.”

This is a typical ad hominem attack. It’s ironic that you later go on to say “You should have stronger arguments man”.

“0:47, on 4th point badlands, no matter how many times I watch it, fps lag? “

There’s a section I slowed down and one I speeded up in that clip, so I still don’t see where your getting the fps drops from.

“I used the fastforward once or twice for 2-3 seconds in my vid, this is just searching for something to say. “

The same could be said about everything you’ve written.

@ jem. Lol, I wasn’t comparing my video to Citizen Kane, that would be insane, but thanks for the replies, everyone.

bvd, sidee, you are starting a flame war, let it at the commenting at the vid :)

otherwise, for me it was entrtaining, music i like, much guys i know got owned, and there wasnt too much editing. maybe even too less, but yea.. just what i think is hell of annoying is the unconstant of the vid. i mean, like said, wheres ingamesoudn gone? Wheres the hud sometimes gone? :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »